Chapter ten

Chapter ten

Adelaide

"Bartholomeus?" I asked, so scared that if I did something he'd go away.

There he stood in all his glory, the same clothes I'd seen him in before he'd died. His blue beard and blue hair shining so brightly as he smiled at me. He opened him arms and I raced to him, throwing myself at him. He caught me with ease and I sobbed against his chest.

"This isn't real. This isn't real!" I chanted and he soothed my hair as he cradled my body, swinging my legs into his arms like I was a baby. He walked a few steps and I took a moment to just to feel him. He was strong and solid as he'd always been. He felt so real, like I was actually here with him.

I felt him sit down and I looked up from his chest to see that we were now sitting in a beautiful garden. Flowers were everywhere and the grass was green, it was so beautiful. We sat on marble stone while the trees dances with a wind that wasn't really there.

"This isn't real is it?" I ask him and he smiled fondly at me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Who is it to say it isn't?" He questioned back and I hit him in the shoulder. He winced a little and I gasped as I made him lean forward to have a look at the wound. His clothes were still torn and I could see how his skin had darkened from the arrow.

"Poison?" I asked and he nodded sighing.

"Don't worry, once it was in my system, I barely felt a thing." I blew out some air, trying to calm myself but I couldn't.

"I'm so sorry Bartholomeus." I choked up, tears running down my face. "So sorry."

"Sorry for what my princess?" He wiped away my tears but I grabbed him hand to stop him.

"If I'd ask someone else, or even if I'd asked just Lukas and Hugh, you'd-"

"Still be dead." He answered smiling, "It was my time princess, nothing you could have done could have stopped it. If it hadn't been an arrow, it would have been food poisoning or something like that. Don't feel guilty because it wasn't your fault." He kissed my hands and I cried a little harder.

I would have come back home either way and he would still be dead. The tears hit harder and I begged him to let me stay with him, telling him what has been happening and how I didn't want to go back.

"I've only been out in the world a a day not even and you've already been killed, I've hurt my friends and I killed a hybrid!" I whined and he laughed shaking his head.

"A women after my own heart..." He smiled and kissed my forehead, "I have to go now-"

"Please don't leave me! Please don't go!"

"I have to, I can feel the Sun God an Moon Goddess calling for me." He explained and he stood up. I stayed seated still crying, "But I want you to remember something, I want you to remember that I love you and that I'll always be watching over you and if you need help, you need all but ask okay?" As he spoke, there was suddenly a bright light shining near us. He hugged my one final time and I tried to hold on to him tightly so that he wouldn't be able to get away but somehow he slipped through my arms as if he was water. He started to walk away and I stood up, tears now streaming down my face.

"Please don't leave me Bartholomeus, I beg you. Ask the God and Goddess to come back so that you can help me! I can't do this alone." I cried out, my whole body shaking with emotion. Before he reached the white light, he turned around and smiled brightly, his blue beard and blue hair all I could really see from his face.

"But you aren't alone Adelaide, you have Hugh. That boy cares about you a lot. You have Lukas who only has your best interests at heart and well, I'm not sure about the dwarf but he brought you here didn't he?" He smiled and waved, "You aren't alone Adelaide."