The Call

End of October

Alex was in the middle of psychology when he got the phone call. his eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw the caller ID.

"the bank"

The professor was reading from a powerpoint and discussing the content, and noticed when he immediately got up from his seat.

"Alex, do you need to take that?" she asked, honestly, but expecting the answer to be no.

"Actually, yes. from this number, it's always important" he said. 'it better be' he thought to himself. 

"Alright"

"Thanks.", he said, already halfway out the door.

He made sure he was out of ear shot of the class before answering 

"Rider. this better be an emergency. I was in the middle of psych." he said, knowing Mrs. Jones was on the other end of the line. 

"Alex, sorry to interrupt your class, but we need you to come in. You'll want to hear this personally" she said, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Im sure I can handle it over the phone. This better be big"

"I figured you'd say that. You won't come until you know?"

"yep"

there was a pause. 

"Alex, Its about Jack"

"Is she alright?"

"Physically, yes. Alex, someone took advantage of you being away."

He was now starting to worry

"What are you saying, Jones? if it's what I think it is, spit it out."

"Yes, Alex, she was kidnaped."

He took a deep breath. going crazy and yelling would only attract the attention of the people in the nearby classrooms. 

"I thought you where going to watch her!" he kept his voice quiet, but filled it with anger

"We where, but, somehow, they still got to her."

"Who's they? Who took Jack?" he said, demanding the answer.

"We just got a email. he is known to work with SCCRPIA."

"Well, trace the email, and send K-unit and Ben or anyone to get her!"

"Alex, they want you to come. Can I tell you the rest when you get here."

"Sure. I wouldn't be doing any work here anyway."

"Good. Ben is coming to get you, sense he knows where your dorm is. He will be there in about an hour."

"K" he said, then hung up, and went back to the classroom to collect his things.

"Ma'am, something has come up, and I have to leave now. I'll email you later."

"Alright, Alex."

Then he set off in a full sprint through the halls. He slowed as he came to the doors, and speed walked, you could say, to his dorm. 

He opened his door, and went in. He leaned against it, and slid to sit on the ground, and put his face in his hands. He had an hour, as much as he didn't want it. At least Dave was still in class. 

Not again, not again, he thought for about a minute straight. They already kidnaped her once, in Egypt 3 years ago, why did they have to do it again?!

Then he started to calm down. He needed to get his things together.  

He opened his closet, and opened the safe. He gathered everything he wanted to bring, and put it on his bed. Then he opened the dresser and took out a plain white t-shirt and cargo jeans. He went into his closet again, and got out his combat boots,  and black leather jacket, as Cliche as It was. He changed, and put his gun and holster behind his back, and his combat knife in its holster on his side, both hidden by the jacket. The filled the large pockets in his pants with various other things from Smiththens he thought might be useful. 

Once armed, he grabbed his phone and texted Ben

They called. I know. Text me when you get here.

Then he texted Dave

Hay, Dave. something came up back at home, a bit of an emergency. I might be back within a week. See you then.

Then he went on his laptop, and went to the schools website to email all his professors similar to what he told Dave. He sat on his bed the next 15 minuets, trying to think of anything he could do. it was hard though,  because he hardly knew anything. 

Finally, he heard his phone ding. It was Ben, saying he was here. 

As a last minute decision, he grabbed his earbuds from the cupboard. He was not looking forward to the 2 hour drive ahead.