In the Dark of Night

Alex's POV

12:03 that night

The black car turned into the dark, empty, parking lot of a store plaza that the address led to. As Ben pulled around the corner, Alex saw another car, parked in the back corner of the lot, where the buildings make a 90 degree corner. Ban parked the car at a reasonably close distance.

"Wolf, you guys ready?" Ben said into the com  in his ear

"Yep. got eyes on the GPS signal for your car and Cub's trainers. Eagle is in position on the roof " Alex heard wolf reply

"Good. Keep watching." Ben said, then cut the connection

"Alright, Alex, ready?" He asked

Alex sighed and replied. "As i'll ever be."

With the manila envelope (with a list of real names, but fake locations) and the case of money (Counterfeit and traceable), he opened the door, and stepped out, followed by Ben.

(AN: I could have said this last chapter, but...I know the demands (Money and a list of prisoners) are cheesy. I don't even know what four hundred thousand dollars would look like in a briefcase. I just needed something else besides the trade of Alex for Jack. I think B. Chase would want to get as much as he could out of this)

A second later, someone got out of the passenger side of the other car, and went to lead someone out of that side's backseat. Brendan Chase and Jack, Alex thought.

Both pairs where standing in front of their cars. In the dim streetlights, they could barely make eachother out.

Mr. Chase said the first words

"I assume you have what I requested, Young Rider?"

"Yes" Alex said, holding up the briefcase

"Good. You will walk over here with them. The lady will walk towards your friend at the same time. Understand?"

Alex answered by taking his first steps forwards

"Go ahead, darling" Alex heard Chase say, pushing Jack forward.

Jack and Alex started walking.

When they meet in the middle, Alex paused, leading Jack to do the same

"Go with Ben, no matter what happens. Please. I'll be alright."

"OK. I trust you. Please come back." she said

"I will. I always do, right?" He assured her, flashing a smile that she quickly returned.

"Hurry up! It's getting late!" They heard from Chase.

They both continued walking.

Before taking the last few steps, Alex turned back. Jack was (relatively) safe next to Ben.

He gave the case and envelope to Chase, who opened both, and smiled, satisfied

"I gave you what you want. Now, are you going to let me go, or am I going to have to fight my way out?"

"I think you know the answer to that" Chase answered with a sinister smile, reaching out with his free hand for Alex's arm.

He jerked his arm away, but before he could turn and run, Chase stepped forward and kicked his leg out, tripping Alex.

Alex quickly got up and continued, but by then, low level Scorpia agents or guards, or goons as Alex likes called them (AN:Yes, this is what I will call them too), where running at full speed, already halfway to him, 2 coming from shop's doors on each side, and 1 from the car.

"FOX, GO!!" Alex yelled at across to the other car, wanting him to get away with Jack before the 3 goons that where running at him got there.

The one from the car got to him first, and Alex found himself on the pavement again. He kicked him off, only for him to be replaced with two others. under the strength of  3 large men, he was pinned,  and his wrists being quickly being tied behind his back with rope.

Alex was being forced into Chase's car as he heard Ben's engine drive away.

Waiting In the backseat of the car, there was another goon, and Alex was now sandwiched between him and the man who came from the car.

Even as the driver pulled away, Alex continued to struggle against the rope, wanting to seem angered or desperate, letting the other 4 men think he had no plan after this.

Mr. Chase spoke next 

"You know, i've heard university students aren't getting nearly enough sleep these days, and it is getting late. You really should be getting to sleep, Alex."

Alex was momentarily confused until the goon to his right pulled out a damp cloth, and covered Alex's face.

He had 2 thoughts before passing out. 

First, there's chloroform is on the cloth. 

Second, as long as they don't throw my shoes out the window, i'll be fine.

Throughout the whole confrontation, Eagle was watching from his spot on roof of one of the stores, and quietly reporting everything to his unit leader. After Chase's car speed away, Wolf and Snake watched the dot that was the signal from Alex's shoes, and hoping that it would stay active. Wolf and Snake also where drinking cups of coffee. They need to stay awake and alert. The night wasn't over yet.