deaf kid (chap 1)

((~third person POV~))

7th of February – third period –

As the English teacher, mister Mastive stood in front o the class at the start of the lesson he yelled out to get the class's attention.
"Thank you, there are a couple of things I need to say..." Touya was trying his best to pay attention but he had done school far too many times for this to hold any interest for him, the teacher didn't notice however and continued.
"From today onwards we are going to have half of our English classes as sign language lessons. Today we are getting a new student, his name is Naoko and id like everyone to please be nice to him, Naoko is... deaf..." he finished and someone who seemed to be a sign language interpreter walked into the room accompanied by an innocent-looking boy with sad eyes and fidgeting hands. The class was silent while the interpreter spoke to the teacher about a few things to do with Naoko before she left.
"Now class, if you speak slowly and enunciate your words Naoko will be able to read your lips but as you can imagine its uncomfortable for him to talk as he can't hear himself talk, now ill have someone pass around some sign language books and I want you to start silent study for the first part of this lesson," The teacher said before getting Touya to hand out the books, Touya only looked into Naoko's deep gold and green pools before he grabbed the books and hurried away.

Mister Mastive explained they were just studying sign language today and since he was fluent then he didn't need to participate and so for the very long period, Naoko sat and started to memorize names and faces of people in the classroom. Naoko had been sat in the seat next to Touya since the teacher was aware Touya already knew sign. It was awkward though and there was no conversation, Naoko stared out the window and Touya held his breath while moving his shoulders to pretend he was breathing.

At the end of the lesson, Mister Mastive assigned a group assignment with groups of four. Naoko was anxious about working with so many people but he was fluent in sign so he wasn't stressed about the material.

((Touya POV))

Sign language? Its been so long since I've had to do this topic in classes, the boy next to me seems so uncomfortable and shy but I won't talk to him, whatever he does it's not my problem... I think that but still...

----- slight time skip to lunch-----

I sat at the back of the lunchroom when the silent and shaking new kid stumbled into the room. He looked anxious as someone pushed him aside and he ended up on the floor. Try as I might I couldn't remember the kids' name but the girl that pushed him out of the way was none other than the notorious obnoxious Selena Maller. I wouldn't have intervened but I really enjoyed picking fights with Selena because I KNEW she had a crush on me and watching her get flustered and angry put me in a good mood for some reason. I slowly walked over and watched her face go pink.

"H-hi there Touya, what can I do for you?" She asked giggling and twirling her hair immediately, it made me feel nauseated to be around her.
"I'd like you to be a dear and apologize if you could? You TRAMPled all over our new kid." I growled her antics already irritating me. I tapped my fingers against my crossed arms and she immediately looked down.
"But the little nerd was in my way, it's not my fault, he didn't acknowledge me when I told him to move," She bitched and my anger flared up with her attitude.
"Sorry you snobby BITCH but not everyone bows down to your tuna feet, don't be a spoiled brat the dude can't hear, slut now apologize you, basic plastic bitch," I growled at her and watched as her eyes widened in fear and I quickly bit my lip. I took a deep breath through my nose to try to calm down but a strong scent of blood filled my nostrils. There was a sudden frenzy in my veins and a fire in my throat, I had to repress clawing at the pain as I looked, deliberately slower than usual, towards the scent.

Naoko was on the ground and had pulled his pants up above his knee. My eyes zeroed in on the blood beading from the graze and suddenly felt everything in hyper-drive. I pushed past Selena and her crew of skanks and hurried out to the front of the school. The scent stayed with me and it was slowly driving me crazy. My breathing started to go faster, my hearing zoning in and out, listening to the heartbeats around me, there was one heartbeat that kept getting closer and closer accompanied by the strong scent of blood. STUPID NAOKO. Go away. Go away. GO AWAY! I turned and glared at him with furious eyes and he flinched. He slowly raised his hands and started to sign.
'Thank you for standing up to the girls' he signed slowly and smiled. I couldn't focus enough to sign back so I just nodded and turned to walk away, if I didn't get out of there soon there would be another murder case and I might have to go back to the interrogation rooms. I hate when I get this out of control but once I get the chance to sit and relax I know ill be okay. There was no way I was going to stop my two weeks of no feeding just because I almost snapped. Once I was a while away I took deep breaths of the cool breeze. I waited though, my head needed to be clear before I got home. People passed as I looked around and sat beside the crystal river watching it glisten. I didn't realize how much time had gone by until I saw the glorious colors of the sunset. I decided I was calm enough and stood, I turned to leave but my eyes caught on a familiar dark-haired boy swinging sadly on the swing.

"Should I go ask if he's alright? Who am I kidding I can't have friends, they'll all just leave when they find out that.... whatever, let's go home..." I ended up mumbling out loud but I just decided against talking to the boy... his life would be happier without me, and so I just put my head down and walked home.

((word count: 1110. thanks so much to anyone who has read my story aso far, im really going to try my best with this, please leave some love thank you!!))