control (chap 2)

(Naoko's POV)

I couldn't sleep so I got out of bed. It was late but I didn't mind, I always felt more comfortable at night, it would be a full moon in a week's time and I knew it would be time to chain myself up... with Leah's help of course. Leah stopped transforming after everyone else died, I started changing more though and its really hard to control now. There are some good parts about being deaf, I don't need to listen to people talk shit but I also get really easily startled. My mind continued drifting as I walked and then I bumped into a cold, tall, hard wall... only... it wasn't a wall, it was Touya.

'sorry' I signed as I started to get up from the ground. Touya seemed shocked and upset, I started to examine his face more and he looked sallow, like he wasn't looking after himself, like he hadn't been sleeping and like hed been crying.
'are you okay' I signed carefully and his eyes widened.

"Just fine thanks," he said lowly as he took a step back looking really shaky from where I was standing.
'really? You seem on edge?' I signed again a bit faster because he seemed like he could follow my gestures easily.

'im fine Naoko just drop it' he signed in frustration. I looked down to hide the hurt on my face. I knew he wasn't 'fine' but he didn't seem like he wanted to open up about it. I had a brief moment of courage and I launched forward and wrapped my arms around him. He immediately stiffened, he felt hard and cold like ice and my extreme body heat matched it perfectly. Touya started to breathe faster though and I could tell something was wrong. I moved back so that Touya could see me but once I moved away he wrapped his arms tightly around himself and dropped to the ground. I dropped beside him and went to touch his shoulder but he just looked at me with a glowing glare.

"Vampire..." I breathed without even thinking and Touya seemed so shocked, probably because id spoke and because I figured it out so fast.
'you look starved' I signed anxious now that id spoke, it was weird because I don't even know If I was able to be understood. Touya just bared his teeth at me and it looked like he was growling. How LONG had Touya been starving himself, he was reduced to a wild animal. I knew I wasn't safe here and that if I stayed any longer his fangs would be in my throat. I turned and I bolted all the way back home unable to catch my breath for a good fifteen minutes. I finally calmed down and headed off to bed, somehow my near-death experience had made me really really tired. So I curled up under my blankets and just relaxed into an uneasy sleep.

Time skip

I walked into the school grounds with my head down, it was early so there weren't very many students around, I wanted to get all of the repetitive things done and so I went to my locker, grabbed my books and went to the library, it was too early to go to class so I just sat in the library.

I read over the pages of 'a midsummer nights dream' and felt my mind fold into the world of Shakespeare and fiction. It startled me when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up in surprise and saw a smiling face, I didn't recognize the person but he started to say something so I focused on his lips.
"It's time for class and you're in my seat, you should head off to class," He said and I nodded and smiled at him before going to my first class. I had "special" classes because I was deaf, it wasn't the most fun experience it made me feel helpless and they treated me like an idiot but it was better than nothing I guess. Time began to move in hyper-speed but Touya wasn't at school today, that was strange.

A week passed and there was still no sign of Touya, I was starting to get worried so I made the dangerous and stupid decision to go and see him after school, I didn't know where he lived but I knew his scent so I could find him. The day dragged on slowly and then as soon as the teacher dismissed the final class I was out and walking about, It would be hard to track him since he hadn't been at school for so long and as I thought about him I remembered how hungry he'd been. I made a conscious decision to turn and visit a friend first, her name was Steph Starlet. I knocked our special knock on the door and with that, she flung the door open and pounced on me with a hug. She was smiling and so I knew shed missed me. I signed an apology for not coming very much and then explained to her I needed 10 bags of O- and her eyes widened.

'why so many?' she signed fast and I chuckled.
'vampire' I signed slower and she started shaking but grabbed a cooler and put 10 pouches of O- blood and practically threw it at me.
'don't get killed' shes signed before closing the door. I sighed, I knew she didn't like vampires but she was always there for me and I was happy about the amount of blood I got. I started walking in the direction of Touya's scent again. It took only fifteen minutes to get to a huge mansion-like house, I lifted my hand and knocked on the door.

((Touya POV))

Blood. Blood. Blood. The scent. The want. Only growing stronger. A knock at the door and I fight against my family in a haze, there's so much blood, I NEED it but I can't. I'm out of control... the door opened and I felt the scent of the blood slap me in the face. I growled furiously and fought against my siblings holding me down. I heard footsteps, two sets, and the blood was coming closer. NO! GET IT AWAY!
The door opened and I glared up at who was there, my vision was covered in a red haze and I couldn't register who was there just that there was a lot of blood and I could hear his heartbeat. My father who had let him in came over to help restrain me. I heard a sloshing sound and I saw red. My father seemed to stiffen.
"Close the door, take that downstairs and heat it up," He said slowly to whoever was there and I heard the door close. Who was it? I heard the microwave after a little and the scent of warm blood filled my nose. I tried to launch forward but was pulled back. I harshly growled and saw myself on the floor, I looked like a monster... whoever was here I felt so terrible that they had to see me like... this...

I heard the microwave a few more times and then the warm scent of blood came back into the room. My eyes filled with tears as the burning got stronger and I growled at the person with a heartbeat coming closer. I didn't want to be seen like this. I saw deep red in a pouch, blood. Blood. Blood. BLOOD! I kicked into overdrive and launched for it, I expected to be pulled back but my family let me go and I dug my fangs into the bag. It was like someone throwing water over a fire and I finished the bag within seconds and then I was reaching for the person but I was just given another bag. I couldn't think straight so every time I just drank from the bags, I must have had about 8 before I finally stopped feeling so hunger crazed. I took a slow deep breath but the tears still fell down my cheeks, I just lost it like that and I was afraid to look towards my mortal savior.
"Thank you," I vaguely heard my father say to the person and there wasn't a reply but soon my father was laughing.
"it's okay to be surprised, I hope he didn't frighten you," He said calmly and there was another silence. I couldn't deal with this with my current frustration.
"WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SAYING?!" I yelled and turned to glare at my old man but from the corner of my eye, I saw familiar dark hair, green eyes, and pale skin.
"What's Naoko doing here?" I mumbled for my father to see and he just sighed.
"He just stopped you from going on a killing spree, don't be rude, go wash up while I make something for our guest to eat," His voice was clipped and I knew there was no arguing. I shakily stood, it felt weird not to be restrained after a week and it was hard to move at a normal human pace but I managed to slowly make my way to the bathroom. Naoko hadn't seemed scared, hed seemed interested and worried but not scared. How? I-I...

My eyes started to border with tears again and I felt a lump form in my throat. I was a monster how could he... how could Naoko sit there like I didn't just devour eight bags of blood in front of him... how could he not- how could he not hate me... I slid to the ground and started sobbing, I couldn't calm down enough for my eyes to settle down and stop glowing, instead, I just kept crying and crying. It wouldn't stop... I had to bite down on my hand as I felt a scream rising up. I couldn't believe that happened to me... I was so pathetic i-

*knock* *knock*

((self-harm warning))

"Naoko wants you to meet him at the park five blocks away, make yourself decent and then go," My father's voice said before I was left alone crying again. I dragged myself up and turned the shower on, I grabbed my razors and looked at my hideous monstrous face. I was covered in blood, some of it already drying, my eyes were glowing vibrantly and there were tears streaming down my face... pathetic. I dragged the blade harshly across my arms, one for each blood bag id had. The blood fell into the sink but I didn't care, I got into the shower, cleaned off and then wrapped my arm. Time to be fully rejected by yet another person who found out my secret... fun.

((word count: 1774. thanks so much for reading, ill post again soon, sorry i dont use fancy words and most of it isnt very descriptive i work on my writing during school and its sometimes hard to concentrate. please stay up to date and read some of my other stories. baiiiiiii))