Chapter 2:First glimpse

Tez in media***

There was shuffling outside of my bedroom door. My eyes flutter open and my vision focuses on the ceiling. My phone buzzes uncontrollably and after what feels like forever, just lying in bed staring endlessly, I finally check it.

      Bestfriendddddd✨: how's Linketa?? How's the family?? I miss you so muchhhhh! :(

      Me: Hey bestoo! I miss you moree💔 Linketa is okay I guess.. I'm going on a tour with the family annndddd...

     Bestfriendddddd✨: And????

     Me: everyone is nice except their other foster kid.. She's a total bitch... A cute one though🤦🏾

I put my phone back on the nightstand beside my bed,  and roll out of bed. A yawn formed in the back of my throat as I made my way to the bathroom. Brushing my teeth, I plan my outfit for the day out. Going through my closet I decide to dress comfortably,  nothing too fashion forward. I get dressed and finish rubber banding braids into two pigtails. I decided to wear red overalls and a matching shirt.

As I finished my hair a knock came at my door startling me to death

"Come in" I yell.

The door swung open and Hannah ran to jump on me. I instantly smiled and caught her putting her on my hip.

"Morning Hannah" I say tickling her sides, she loves when I do this.

She giggles and hugs me. "Jori!"

She can't say my name which makes me laugh.  It's the cutest thing hearing her try to say it. She jumps down and runs back out,  running past Tez in my doorway. She studies me from head to toe and I turn away shyly.

"May I come in?" she quizzes.

I shrug and sit on my bed as she sits next to me. It's quiet for a moment,  and very awkward. After a minute of silence her words cut through the thick air.

"I'm sorry about the other day.. Ya know? I'm just not a real big people person. " she looks at me.

"It's okay,  I can't imagine how it feels to have someone new in your space... I totally get it. " I smile at her.

"Well, I'm Teziyah (Tuh-Zy-Uh) by the way. Now come on,  everyone is waitin on yo ass " she jokes and after I grab my purse and phone  we both make our way down to the living room.

Angela and Jerry were sitting on the couch watching the news forecasts,  but looked up at Tez and I as soon as we walked in. They looked at each other and smiled.

"I wanna sit wiff Jori!" Hannah screamed excitedly and everyone laughed at how loud she was.

We loaded the silver van and I buckled Hannah in her car seat, by the window to the left of me. Tez sat to the window at the right of me and I sat in the middle seat.  Tez smelled like cologne and I tuned everything out thinking of just that. She smelled so good and looked even better.  She wore a half red and half blue-purple bape shirt. She wore black pants with subtle rips and blue and red jordans.