Chapter 33

Hoseok, Taehyung and Jin were crybabies, especially Taehyung. It was a complete mess when Jennie and Chaeyoung first reached there.

Jennie's OCD kicked in, but she gently kicked it out. Not even bothering to care about how Chaeyoung brought her to this strange place.

They had spent a lot of time just comforting the three. Chaeyoung didn't tell Jennie that a weird man named Namjoon was actually the one who more or less asked to finish this task.

Jennie took some time to understand that they weren't actually going to search for Lisa, but she did.

Chaeyoung was itching to get out of the secluded room and get looking for Lisa, Her uneasiness was not left unnoticed by Jennie.

"You can go if you want, I'll get these guys to get their big man butts up and get searching with you too."

"But, are you sure?" Jennie gave a mere nod, Chaeyoung took the chance  and walked out.

Jennie sighed, now facing the three who were staring back at her.

"Alright boys, now listen carefully."

***

"What happened? Where's your best friend?" Tzuyu taunted in the drawing room, Chaeyoung stared grudgingly at her.

"Tzuyu, leave her alone." Jisoo surprisingly snapped, Chaeyoung's eyes widened, was Jisoo actually speaking like that to Tzuyu?

"Jisoo, I-"

"I'm tired of you pretending to be my friend! I'm tired of you pushing my real friends around like they're a bunch of toys! I was quiet for so long, I finally understand now." Jisoo's snarling glare could blow holes, Tzuyu looked frightened.

"Chaeyoung, can I talk to you, in private?" she emphasized the word 'private' loud enough for the remaining Selected could hear.

Jisoo didn't wait for a response, she tugged on Chaeyoung's arm to follow her outside, the latter obliged.

***

"I'm sorry I doubted you." she broke the silence that was like a glass wall between them. Chaeyoung smiled faintly at Jisoo.

"It's just that, I've known Tzuyu since we were kids, she was always so nice to everybody. I don't know what's up with her now. Same with Yeri, Nayeon and her were basically inseparable."

"Wait, there was a time when Nayeon and Yeri were actually like friends?" Chaeyoung asked shocked. It was honestly surprising that they were actually friends.

Jisoo chuckled "No, but really sorry. Oh and by the way, I met this really sweet guy, I know I'm not supposed to think of other guys while I'm on the Selection, but I just can't help it. He had an adorable square-shaped smile and-"

"Jisoo, I'm so sorry I'm interrupting you, but I need to search for Jungkook, you wanna help?"

***

"I have an idea of where Lisa might be." Namjoon said, immediately catching the attention of Jisoo, Jungkook and Chaeyoung.

"Where?" Chaeyoung asked, hopefully. Namjoon let out a deep chuckle, Jisoo was infuriated.

"This is not something you laugh about! For all we know, the Princess could be dead!" Jisoo wanted to punch the young man in his face, but she knew how well that would work out.

"Is laughing illegal?" Jisoo puffed her cheeks up, Jungkook and Chaeyoung stared at him annoyingly "I can take you there. I'll let you know that I care for just as much as you guys."

"If you cared for her that much you wouldn't shape her escape plan that could lead her into danger." Chaeyoung stared into his eyes, her eyes spoke something that words couldn't express, how much she cared for somebody she knew enough about to call her best friend, somebody who stayed with her throughout the number of times her brother hurt her. That somebody, Lisa.

Jungkook didn't look anything less than emotionless, he had spent years doing nothing but trying to protect his little sister from the world, but he didn't succeed.

Maybe that was his mistake.

Jisoo never knew Lisa, but seeing Chaeyoung, Jungkook and Namjoon care for her so much, gave Lisa a sense of respect from her. How much they actually cared for her, shocked her and made her want to care for someone she's never met well.

"Meet me here, at the garden once again, after a few minutes, change to blend into a crowd of more normal people, I'm counting on you." Namjoon ordered once again.

***

Jennie laughed evilly within, her plan to distract the Selected worked perfectly.

While Lisa was kidnapped, the whole room was utter chaos, going from Somin, who was scared to death that she would be kidnapped, to Irene, who genuinely wanted to help in any way she can to Yeri, who acted all heroic, it made Jennie want to barf.

So the gears in Jennie's head started running, she had remembered once when Nayeon told her that she found the guards insanely attractive and told her jokingly to keep the secret.

While Taehyung sneaked off somewhere, Jin and Hoseok were still there. Jennie asked the two attractive guys to play bait for a while.

And it worked!

While Tzuyu looked unamused, the rest of the six were completely distracted by the boasting boys.

"Jennie!" She heard a hiss through the door to the drawing room, she immediately went towards the door, recognizing that voice.

"Chaeng, why are you wearing casual clothes, and why are you wearing a face mask and cooling glasses and an unnecessary beanie for the hot weather? And... Why are these man and woman wearing the same things as you?!"

"Jennie I'll explain later, can you kepp then busy-"

"already done!" Jennie smiled proudly as she opened the door a little more to reveal the girls gushing over Jin and Hoseok.

Jungkook looked surprised "wait they're-"

"Wait, you're Jungkook? Cool. And since Jisoo isn't here, I'm guessing you're Jisoo am I right?" Jennie guessed, her fingers simultaneously showing the number of girls in that room now.

Jisoo was impressed "Good job Kim, and I thought these skinny jeans really didn't show who I was."

"if you're going to search for Lisa, I'm coming. There's no ifs and buts, I'm coming and that's all. Wait here." she slipped out off the room, but that didn't go unnoticed by Tzuyu.

"But Jen-"

"Shh! Now wait here!"

***

Jennie thought she knew it all. It was just the four of them, going to look for Lisa around the town.

But boy, was she wrong.

As soon as Chaeyoung and Jungkook coped in (Jisoo didn't mind in the first place) Jennie thought she was prepared, she was with three people she was comfortable with.

That was until she met up with Namjoon. Everything went downhill. Recent memories of sitting besides him and learning the art of piano immediately stopped her in her tracks.

What surprised her even more was the fact that Taehyung and Jimin were also there, all geared up.

***

So, is Rosé solo gonna come out anytime soon? I've been thinking about it a lot now, I don't know why

till the next the chapter 😂