Chapter 42

"Chaeyoung? Chaeyoung! are you okay?" Jungkook said, noticing that Chaeyoung was distracted, which was nothing like her normal self.

Chaeyoung blinked at him blankly.

How will she tell him about what she was thinking about?

About how her surroundings made her uncomfortable knowing that this was the place where Tzuyu had kissed Jungkook.

She felt like a burden to him, an interruption, a distraction. But she'll never tell him.

She gave him a warm smile in return, causing him to break into a smile. "Of course I'm okay."

"Good, I notice you zone out a lot nowadays, you want to talk about it?" he scrunched his eyebrows with worry, briefly kneeling forward.

Chaeyoung chuckled, could he get any cuter? "I have nothing to hide, Jungkook. That reminds me, I promised Jisoo that I'd meet her at her dorm today." Chaeyoung lied.

This was a change of events for both of them, usually it was Jungkook who ended the dates to attend to his royal duties.

When seeing the disappointment in his face, Chaeyoung could not help but feel a bit bad, they spent no more that 30 minutes together. For a minute, she wanted to tell him everything, about her insecurities, her doubts and how much of a scaredy cat she really was.

But she just couldn't. She bit back her tongue.

Chaeyoung was lying to him, because she needed to desperately as Jisoo for some advice, about everything.

Her heart pounded against her chest, hoping that he wouldn't find out that she had lied.

"Okay, I'll see you then!" He said, trying to be cheerful, making her giggle.

"I'll see you too." She kissed his cheek briefly, catching him off guard. She scurried off, to Jisoo's room.

She barged in, like Jisoo's room belonged to her. Pushing aggressively through the large oak door into the very neat, tidy and girly room of Kim Jisoo.

Jisoo, who was playing with a gameboy advance guiltily looked at the door with wide eyes.

"Soo! Please help me--Wait, where'd you get that?" Chaeyoung frowned at the older girl, examining her hand. Knowing that it wasn't allowed to use any electronics while you were here.

"I bribed Taehyung into giving it to me"

"Jisoo! That isn't allowed!"

"Chaeng, what's wrong?" Jisoo said, immediately detecting that something wasn't right in the way she was behaving.

"It's just that--" she sighed, "I know I've already asked you this, but what is it like to be in love?"

Jisoo immediately kept her console down, a tender smile plastered on her pretty face "I've already answered this to you but, Love is when all you want to do is be with that one person, want them to be happy. Love is wanting nothing but for that special someone to be happy, even if it sacrifices yours. It's when you're completely sure that you want to give everything up for that person, no matter how big or small. "

Chaeyoung's breath hitched "Wow, Soo. How do you know so much about love anyway?"

Jisoo's smile became more pained "I was in love once."

***

"Jungkook! Dad--Sorry I mean--The King is calling you!" Lisa shrieked from outside her brother's room, delivering the message she was asked to deliver personally by her dad.