I'm sorry, goodbye (kidfic)

Mental health awareness week 💙

Parents: Jonah and Corbyn
Jack and Daniel: 18 (they've left high school)
Zach: 16

This is a slightly different chapter, more or less a little upsetting if you are sensitive (like myself) I would not suggest reading

Every part of this story is a trigger warning.

Zach's P.O.V

They don't understand.

My parents, my brothers. No one understands. They like to think they do, that they know what I am feeling or what I am capable of achieving.

Buts it's so much pressure, and I'm starting to crumble.

Jack is currently at collage, he lives in a dorm.

As for Daniel is studying aboard.

The twins are always spoken about in our house.

"Daniels done this"

"Jack's doing that"

"Zachary, you have to work harder"

Don't you see? I'm trying.

As much as I love my older brothers, and I do, I feel like I can never reach to my brothers potential and it hurts feeling under all this pressure. I'm always being told I have to be like my brothers.

But I just want to be me.

Did you know that every 1 in 20 people suffer from depression?

More then 300 million people world wide are affected by the mental illness.

Close to 800, 000 people die due to suicides each year.

Suicide is the second leading cause of death, especially to men.

I guess you could say I hang around with the wrong crowd.

I ditch lessons, I walk out of school.

I sneak out at night and don't come back until early in the morning.

I'm running on less then three hours of sleep each week.

I use to smoke weed and get high in the local parks at night. I keep a bottle of vodka in my desk draw in my room.

Why?

Because it makes me feel better.

But has my dad and papa noticed? No.

Have my brothers? I haven't seen their faces in what seems like months, so why would they bother to talk to me.

They never ask to see me when they FaceTime our dad or papa, as they most probably do not feel the need to text me to see how high school is going. Or at least how I am feeling.

"Zach, we're going out for something to eat. Want to join?" Papa (Jonah) questioned. Not bothering to knock on my door first before entering.