16. Le cygne

Both of the boys enters inside the house slowly.

Eddy closes the door behind him careful of not making too much noise. It's nearly midnight.

The talk with the old friend took some hours to finish, but the promise to comeback another day, made it easier to do.

Brett was quiet on the way back home. The sweet words of James was still echoing inside his head, leaving a warm trace; and now, at home he felt overwhelmed by all of the emotions.

"Eddy was my first love," James sentenced. “He was the first boy I ever loved. But ... it wasn't meant to be. ”

The beautiful features on his face showed pain, and then relaxed with a smile to say: “Still ... If I haven't met Eddy on that day, I probably wouldn't have fight so harshly the next time I fell in love".

Brett eyes opened surprised.

He was a bit jealous of that past with Eddy that he wasn't aware of. But hearing James speaking so openly and honest, made him understand the love Eddy felt for him. And the pain they both have gone through all of this years.

This was his lover's precious friend. There's nothing to  be afraid of.

“My dad wasn't the problem, you know,” James added taking a sip of his coffee. Eddy nods. "It was the rest of the world ... his parents, his mother most of all."

Eddy flinched at the sound of that word that still brings him pain.
Brett squizzed his hand under the table, until he felt his body relaxing. It was an open wound after all.

“But I didn't let him gave up. I just couldn't do that. Not again ”, he says smiling to Eddy, whose eyes are sparkling.
“If I have my husband here with me, it's all thanks to you. To the love we had, Eddy”, he raised his voice a little to make emphasis on this last words.

“And I see it worked out for you as well”, he said winking at Brett, who blushed at the sight of the beautiful boy.
Eddy smiled.

"It did," Eddy answered firmly. “It took me a while. But same as you, I'm not willing to give up to this love ”.
Now is him who's squeezing Brett's fingers.
He turns to face his lover, who is watching him stunned by the beauty on Eddy's strength.

“Don’t we, Brett?”, he asked him with a bright smile.

"Ah ... yes," Brett answered flustered. It was too much beauty around him to stay calm.

He cleared his throat and spoke again, this time with more decision.

"It is. Certainly”, he takes a big breath and adds:
“Thank you, James. For loving Eddy, before I arrived. For making him happy. And for all of the kind words you've told us tonight. They mean a lot, truthfully. I think ....Eddy and I needed them desperately this days", he turns to see him, and squeezes his hand again, "And coming from such a precious friend for him, and now I dare to say, a friend of us. It's simply all we needed right now. So, thank you. So much.”

James blushed now. He could see the firm sight on Brett's dark eyes staring at him with a bright smile.
He aswell understood, why Eddy have picked him as his partner of life. This guy...

"Oh my!", James teased, "You are making me blush, Bretty", he said with a cheesy voice, breaking the serious atmosphere.

"Take care of this man, Eddy," he said looking straight into Brett's eyes, whose face was completely red. “I might take him away,” he said winking at Eddy, who started laughing loudly at Brett's face lost in confusion, not knowing if he had to laugh as well or rather ran away from there...