02. And then there was one

HEIMDALL IS BURNING UP

HEIMDALL IS BURNING UP. Sybbyl could see it before she even pressed her bloodstained hand on his forehead. He's clammy and his breathing is hard and ragged, he shut his eyes and rolled his head back and groaned as the pain of the wound overtook him.

Loki glanced over his shoulder to the man writhing in pain behind him. "I think Heimdall is dying"

"There was poison in their blades" Sybbyl noted as she took in Heimdall's state, her hand trailing down his abdomen where she gently moved his hand to the side and saw the greenish-blue open wound. Definitely poison. Heimdall let out a loud cry of pain which caused Loki to raise his eyebrows in shock.

"We don't have an antidote for whatever poison is coursing through him" Loki told Sybbyl. "And we're so close to Earth"

"I know" Sybbyl mumbled and ignored the pulsing pain from her own wound. They've been soaring through space for some time now with no problems or bad encounters. But it would seem that their problems are inside the pod and not outside.

"So?" Loki pressed. "What are we going to do?"

Sybbyl is chewing on her bottom lip as she thought of a plan, something to keep the poison at bay while they get to Earth and heal him. "Alright, Loki, I need you to come over and put your cold Frost Giant hands on Heimdall's wound"

"What?" He hissed and frowned.

"We need to slow down the poison and also bring his temperature down. So one hand on the wound and the other on his forehead" Sybbyl explained. "Hurry!" She rushed him and he mumbled under his breath.

Heimdall is still writhing in pain, with his eyes closed and not really knowing what's going on around him. All he's focused on is the pain he's feeling, the heat from inside his body and the stabbing of the wound. He's mumbling something but neither Loki or Sybbyl understand what he's saying.

Loki did as Sybbyl told him and with one hand on Heimdall's forehead and another on the wound, he concentrated on the cold. Cold spread from his hands and to the nasty looking wound, the cold is supposed to slow down the poison, holding it back until he gets an antidote. In a few seconds, his temperature also decreased and Heimdall stopped writhing in pain, the mumbling stopped as did his loud cries of pain.

"What now?" Loki glanced up at Sybbyl only to see her at the dashboard and tapping something on the screen.

"Stay like that until we get to Earth. I'm sending a message to Maalot asking her to bring an antidote–"

"But we don't know what the poison is!" Loki told her.

"Trust me on this, Loki!" Sybbyl turned to face her friend. "I know what I'm doing. So please keep his temperature under control and the poison at bay. Once we get to earth hopefully everything will be— ah!" She shut her eyes and gingerly placed her hand on her side.