06. I lived bitch

WHILE THE AVENGERS FOUGHT ON EARTH, THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, TWO AVENGERS AND A WIZARD ARE FIGHTING ON TITAN

WHILE THE AVENGERS FOUGHT ON EARTH, THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, TWO AVENGERS AND A WIZARD ARE FIGHTING ON TITAN. The boss fight. A boss fight where they gave it everything they had but still lost when Peter Quill let his emotions get in the way. Their plan of removing the gauntlet from Thanos did nothing but harm them. They were thrown around, injured, moons where thrown, magic was used, magic with a kick, spider webs were shot, infinity stones were used. Thanos called Spider-Man 'insect' but he's an arachnid, the uncultured swine.

Before Thanos arrived in Titan, Stephen Strange used the time stone to look at all the possible futures, scaring the crap out of the others in the process.

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict" he panted as he told the others this.

"How many did you see?" Quill asked.

"Fourteen million six hundred and five"

"How many do we win?" Tony asked with dread.

Strange stared at Tony. He hesitated to tell him how many possible futures he saw. In the first one he saw Tony Stark and Natasha Romanoff die. They gave their lives to save the universe. But he also saw the family Tony will have and how can he leave little Morgan Stark like that? He'll always be a hero but after everything Tony's been through he deserves all the happiness. Natasha Romanoff, everything she went through, the Red Room, finding a family in the Avengers, protecting those who can't protect themselves touching the lives of hundreds, she also deserves all the happiness.

In the second future he saw a girl with milky eyes and if he looks hard enough he swears there are little stars. Little constellations behind the milkiness. The blind girl stood amongst the chaos, and he knows that's the path they should take. She saves them all...or so he hopes she does. There's something blocking him from seeing what happens after the flash of colors. He pushed and pushed but he couldn't see.

So does she save them or not?

"Two" the wizard answered.

"Which one do we choose?" Peter Parker questioned.

Strange looked up and stared at the Guardians. He stared at them as if they're supposed to provide an answer, but they didn't, at least not in the way they thought. Mantis nervously wrung her hands and Strange's breath hitched in his throat.

"We don't" he told Peter. "It's been done"

They looked at him in confusion. What the hell kind of answer is that? Do they go with the future behind curtain number 1 or curtain number 2? Is there a curtain number 3? Which one has the jet ski, which one has the new living room and which one has the gag gift?

After that Thanos came. They fought, had their asses handed to them and at the end Stephen Strange willingly gave him the time stone. Future number 2 better be the one, otherwise this will all have been for nothing.