07. Not like this

THE UNIVERSE IS GRIEVING

THE UNIVERSE IS GRIEVING. Across the universe, half of all living beings have been wiped out of existence. They were going through their everyday lives, ignorant of the events happening on Earth and Titan, but again how would they know? They have their own problems they don't have time to keep up with the news of other planets. Especially if the planet is deserted or insignificant as Earth.

But they're not all that ignorant. They know who Thanos is. They know he goes planet to planet murdering half of the population so it would be "perfectly balanced." Mad Titan indeed. Half of all living beings are gone, dead, turned to ash like Voldemort at the end of Harry Potter. Chaos has just begun and it's only been one day after the fight against Thanos.

The surviving Avengers stayed in Wakanda for the night. Sybbyl had a much needed long warm shower to wash off all the blood collected from the fighting in Asgard, the Statesman and Wakanda. Sure the Avengers that were on the run had it rough, but Bruce and the Asgardians had it rougher. So much fighting and death in such a short time. Nobody seemed to be able to sleep that night, too distraught, grieving the deaths of their friends, feeling like failures because they lost. They lost. Some were able to sleep, or at least close their eyes for a couple of minutes, but all too soon the sun was up and a new day begins.

A new day.

Sybbyl wasn't up to eating the following day, she spent most of the night crying and wallowing, but when she saw the food laid out and the delicious smell wafted through the air, her stomach grumbled and she realized she hasn't eaten in who knows how long. The others picked at their food not interested or hungry, but at least had a couple of bites. The morning was spent in silence, no one really knowing what to say- because what do you say after losing to Thanos?

Alright, who's not dead? Sound off.

The worst part is that they don't know if Tony made it or not. He's in space, they know that much. But what now? Half of them are gone. Thor, T'Challa, Shuri, Rocket, Bucky, Rhodey, Steve. And then there are the ones in space but they don't know about them.

It was nearing midday, the mood hasn't changed at all, everyone is sulking, brooding, they're hurting. They're hurting pretty bad. Scratch that, extremely bad. They're in a room with wide windows just staring at nothing in particular. Wanda is curled up in a couch, eyes red and puffy. Natasha is staring out the window, as is Sam. Bruce is sitting on a couch, elbows resting on his legs and face buried in his hands. Loki is in a corner doing absolutely nothing. The room is quiet, everyone lost in their thoughts.

"I am Groot" Groot's voice broke the silence. No one moved when the tree and Sybbyl entered the room.

"I'm sorry, I don't have zarg-nuts" Sybbyl softly told Groot.

"I am Groot"

"Well she does have a lot of snacks stashed in her ship. Maybe she does" Sybbyl nodded.