Chapter 9

Chapter 8: R&R

"Home sweet home," Kitsune walked into his apartment and collapsed on his bed. He hadn't been able to get much sleep on the mission, as he knew that someone would try and take his mask to see who he really was. Ironically, it turned out Sasuke had figured it out and he ended up showing Kiba his face anyway,

"Who'd have thought that Sasuke-teme would turn out to have a brain?" Kitsune started to remove his mask when there was a knock at the door. "Damn it," He grumbled and opened it.

"Teach me!" Sasuke demanded.

"Don't you know the meaning of downtime? It is time spent recovering from a mission," Kitsune groaned.

"If I slack I will never become powerful enough to establish my clan!" Sasuke scowled.

"I did give you the Family Jutsu; why not learn those for a while?" Kitsune sighed.

"I don't understand them," Sasuke admitted.

"And you think I will?" Kitsune shook his head, "Try asking Kakashi."

"I can't find him." Sasuke replied.

"How about..." Kitsune started then shrugged, "Oh I don't know. Wind is my element so I can't really help you with fire. I am sure someone around here can teach you."

"As you say," Sasuke turned to leave.

"Sasuke-kun!"

"Damn," Sasuke took off running.

"Oh," Sakura ran up and turned to Kitsune. "What were you talking about?"

"Training," Kitsune sighed. "Sasuke needs to find someone who can teach him Fire Jutsu. I am sure if you could find him a teacher he would appreciate it."

"You really think so?" Sakura sighed. "Sometimes I wonder why I actually care for him..."

"Probably the same reason I care for Naruto-kun," Hinata smiled as she walked up to the door.

'Does nobody in this damn village understand that downtime is for sleeping!'

'Maybe they just all want to be with you, Mate.'

'Oh great, I attract people with the mask on, without it I would repel them.'

'Sasuke, Kiba, Anko, Ibiki, Kurenai, Kakashi and I all know who you are, and we aren't repelled.'

'You forgot Haku. And Anko doesn't count. She is pretty much like me, aside from being completely weird.'

'Oh...Haku, that reminds me, I haven't seen her recently.'

'She and some other mercenary said they were taking a faster way back.'

"So, Kitsune-kun," Hinata smiled as Sakura raced off.

"Huh?" Kitsune realised he had just tuned out an entire conversation, "Sorry, I was distracted."

"I was sent by Kurenai to request your presence at training ground 7." Hinata bowed politely.

"Ah damn it!" Kitsune grumbled as he closed and locked the door behind him, following Hinata towards training ground number 7.

Moments after he left, a cloaked figure walked up to his door. "So this is where the Great Kitsune lives...I guess I'll make myself at home."

"Here we go," Hinata bowed and left Kitsune alone.

"Hey, where are you going?" Kitsune frowned.