Chapter 19

Chapter 15: Namikaze Showdown

"Katon: Dai Endan!" Naruto roared as another flame Kyuubi raced towards Minato, who evaded it and countered with a barrage of kunai, which were in turn evaded by Naruto. They had been fighting for a while now and were in the streets of Konoha. Civilians cheered on the Yondaime, and the nin of Konoha was unsure what was happening. The Genin however were cheering on Naruto (with the exception of Shikamaru who said it would be too troublesome). They continued their fight down the streets until Minato had effectively pinned Naruto in the Uchiha district.

"Not bad," Minato grinned.

"Not bad yourself," Naruto panted. 'If I had Kyuubi-Kei I wouldn't be having this sort of trouble!'

"You look exhausted," Minato sighed sadly. "I have no choice but to kill you, but I want you to know how proud of you I am."

"Tch," Naruto brushed himself off, "I am just warming up."

"Hm..." Minato smiled sadly. "Just like your mother..."

"Tell me something though," Naruto asked as he took up a fighting stance.

"What?" Minato took up a similar stance.

"Why did you call Kyuubi, Kyuubi-hime?"

"Hm..." Minato glanced to the Hokage Monuments. "Well seeing as Orochimaru isn't paying attention to us, I guess I can tell you."

"Oh come on," Jiraiya nudged his pupil.

"No," Minato shook his head, "I am not peeking with you Ero-Sennin!"

"Be a man!" Jiraiya exclaimed.

"I am not being used as a human shield again," Minato winced as he recalled the last time Jiraiya tricked him into going with him.

Jiraiya sighed and left Minato alone, who grinned. First he checked no-one was watching, and then he quickly approached his personal 'peeking' area, a well hidden spot in the trees overlooking a small clearing in the middle of the Forest of Death. Unlike Jiraiya though, he didn't watch women bathing, truthfully all he ever looked at were two women. One was a tall red head who drilled a younger woman on fighting exercises. She wore simple red robes with the emblem of the nine Tailed Fox in gold on her back. The younger one...she was the light of Minato's life and he knew they were destined to be married, as soon as Minato actually got around to talking to her that was. For some reason whenever he ran into her in Konoha, he would fall to pieces and blush. It annoyed him no end. Usually he was loud and quite brash, but around her he became a shy little child.

He was the Yondaime Hokage for crying out loud and he couldn't speak to a mere Jounin! But then again, Kushina Uzumaki was no mere Jounin. There was something...otherworldly about her. The fighting style she was using seemed almost like a dance, an eerily enchanting dance that was as deadly as it was beautiful. The fact Kushina didn't bind her chest made the show all the more enjoyable to Minato.

"Not bad Kushina," The red-haired woman smiled. "You have been improving."
"Thank you, Kyuubi-hime." Kushina bowed to the older women.

"It appears the blonde fool is watching you again," Kyuubi continued in the same voice.

"Yeah, he does that a lot," Kushina blushed slightly. It was flattering to have the Hokage pay such attention to you, even though Kushina knew the real reason. The real reason the Minato was here was to spy on the Kyuubi No Youko, rather than watch her. Still she could pretend.

"Does he really lack faith in me?" Kyuubi chuckled.

"Well you are a Bijuu," Kushina shouldered her staff. "Are we done here then?"