Chapter 2

Isabella

Monday always bring a big force of energy in this school, all the students will either talk about the dramas that happened in the weekend or all the events coming that week and then there is me, who is tired and complain about how the weekend flew by and I did nothing out of ordinary apart from working in my part time place.

I sat in my usual place in class, beside the window. Our school doesn't have any beautiful surrounding apart from a fire station across from us and the usual traffic. I see some firefighters outside the building, talking and relaxing, when they ran in and next thing you hear the sound of the sirens and them rushing out to rescue.

My focus should be in the class, but I can't help but look at the busy street across from us. Mrs. Kim, is way too nice and doesn't point out my distraction in the class, which saved me from embarrassment, but when she made eye contact with me once the bell rang. I knew I had to stay back to hear how disappointed she is about my lack of interest in her class, today.

"I see that the other things was more important than my today's class." She joked.

"I am sorry, Mrs. Kim." I apologized to her.

"It's okay as long as it won't happen again." She said. "But I know that it will happen again, but I trust you will still do well in class."

"I will try." I said to her.

"I didn't ask you to stay back to talk about this." She said. "I actually have an assignment for you to work on."

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can you please tutor a student after class? She is not doing very well in the class and asked me to help her and I want you to help her and I can give you credits for it."

"Who is the student?" I asked.

"Her name is Elena."

Seeing my confused face she added, "She is in your class, most likely you were not aware of that. I will let her know once you make a decision, you are a good student and I believe that you can use this opportunity to interact, not that I should be stepping into your boundaries and business, but all I can tell you is, Isabella, the world you are in right now, you have to interact and socialize. It may be difficult at first, but you never know? You might find friendship and unexpected opportunities and learning.

"I will think about it, Mrs. Kim." I said to her.

"I sure hope that you will think about it." She said as I excused myself to leave.

Lunch break was as exciting as it could be. I feel like my school is way dramatic than High School Musical's dramas. We always have some kind of dramas either fights or arguments between the popular children. Their pranks are horrible and upsetting, they find entertainment in people's embarrassment, and I have nothing but pity for them. No one dare to report them for their bullying and I worry about the safety of our school. The principal suspect something is going on, but his lack of evidence force him to stay quiet about this matter. I don't have the courage to even call them out because I am scared, that their power will be against me.

I bought lunch from the cafeteria that day, I sat down against the wall, behind the school. The spot, that no one usually come to, the cold pizza reminding me of how the world is to the nicest people. Things couldn't have been much more better, as Tiffany and her bees stood in front of me. How they found out my bubble space, bothered me so much.

"Get up, b*tch." She said as I stood up. She snatched my glasses and threw it on the ground and stomp on my glasses, at least these glasses are not real, otherwise I would have to pay a lot of money for the lenses and frame. This is the third glass, that I "accidentally" broke in school.

"You better not show your face until everyone is gone from school or tomorrow you will be in trouble." She barked. "Now, put on your spare glasses and hide your ugly face, b*tch." She said as she stomped away.

My eyes looked down at the broken piece of glasses and sighed. "When will this stop?" I looked at the beautiful sky and then at my glass. I see someone's shoes in front of me as my eyes scanned from his Nike shoes to his black jeans and black sweater, then I look up to see the handsome face of his in front of me and I couldn't help but move back, as if he will burn me if I am near him. He shouldn't be here and I shouldn't be here with him, there will be dramas and I don't want any dramas as I see him looking at my eyes. I looked away quickly, no one has ever made eye contact with me without my glasses, apart from my foster family. I was embarrassed as he watched me, carefully.

"Are you okay?" He asked, surprisingly, sounding concerned.

"I am." I lied as I tried to move away from him.

"Are you able to see?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"My name is Daniel." He said as he walked beside me.

If Tiffany or her followers see this, I am in big trouble. Why is he even following me in the first place is the question I wanted to ask, but I was too embarrass and scared to question him.

He did not expect me to open a door and walked in. I heard his footstep walking away as I hid behind the door. I hope he doesn't remember me or do anything stupid that will flip the school, upside down. All I can do is to hope as I walked towards the locker to find my spare glasses. Why did she have to break my favourite glasses of all? I sighed as I walked quickly in hope no one see me without my glasses.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a vote and share this book with the other readers. Thank you for all the support <3