Chapter 7

Isabella

"Daniel." I heard someone called out his name while we were walking. I turned to see a young woman walking toward us.

"Christine." He smiled warmly as he give her a hug.

"How are you doing?" She asked as she looked at me and give me a small smile.

"Great as always."

"Who is this? Your girlfriend?" She teased.

"Just a friend from school." He shrugged. "How is Uncle Gregory?" He asked.

"He is around here somewhere." She said looking around.

"I will find him." He said, casually.

"Your favourite snacks is in the food area." She said. "You did not introduce us, yet." She looked at me.

"She is Isabella, Isabella meet my cousin Christine."

"Hi, nice to meet you." I said.

"Does he have any girlfriend?" She whispered in my ear.

"I don't know?" I chose to say the safest answer as I have no idea if he have any girlfriend because he roams with different girls, everyday.

"You know it is rude to whisper." Daniel rolled his eyes at us.

"Was it?" She faked gasped and winked at me while I give her a small smile.

He shake his head at us before walking towards the other side of the building. Christine walked with me.

"How long have you known him for?" She asked, curiously.

"Not a long while?" I said. "We are classmates."

"Would you mind taking off your glasses? Your eyes is pretty." She said as she stared at me and I looked away.

"Thanks." I said, uncomfortable by her approach.

Before I can reject her request, Daniel came to my rescue. "Leave her alone." He said rolling his eyes as he pulled me away from her. "She will think you are a creep now."

Christine pouted as she looked at me again. "She have beautiful eyes." She commented and to my surprise; he answered, "I know." And looked at me.

"You have prescription glasses or is it fake?" She asked me.

Daniel give her an odd look, "She should have prescription glasses otherwise why would she even wear those ugly glasses." My mouth dropped opened.

"They are not ugly." I said.

"The glasses hide your beautiful eyes." He said leaning down to my eye level. I blinked at his closeness, before stepping back.

I mumbled some incoherent words and he stood up, "I am hungry, let's go and get some snacks." He pulled me with him as I waved goodbye to Christine, for now. There was a food counter at the side and it was beautiful, all the delicious international foods was available on the table.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked him, as I took a sip of my freshly squeeze juice.

"I had extra tickets, so why not?" He shrugged.

"You could have invited your friends?" I said.

"They don't like these formal things." He said as he looked around. "It's not that bad, is it?"

"I guess?" I said, not really sure what to say. It is not that bad yet, it's just I don't feel like I belong here.

"So is this prescribed glasses?" He questioned me.

"No." I said. He looked taken aback.

"Why are you even wearing one?" He asked.

"I just like it." I said.

"It hides your beautiful face." I heard him muttered.

"I like the protection that the glasses give me... does it make any sense?" I said, not really sure why I was even explaining to him.

"Comfort zones." He said. "It does make sense, but you hiding your face with those glasses does not make sense to me. You are so beautiful, I can bet that you are the most beautiful girl in school."

I blushed at his comment, "You don't have to lie to make me feel better." I said.

"You have no idea how beautiful you are." He said, "It's just so sad, though."

"What is so sad?"

"You don't feel how beautiful you are."

"Feel?"

"You must feel beautiful to know you are beautiful. You should be proud of who you are." He shrugged.

How can I be proud of myself when the people in school keep shaming me for who am I? People keep throwing me away like I am some inconvenient thing in the world?

I simply nodded my head, he have no idea how it feels when people call you names and put you down, he is so handsome, that I am sure he heard numerous comments and lines about how how handsome he is. He is confident because the people around him made him feel confident about who he is.

"You don't trust me." He accused and I shrugged. His advice does not work for me. He is born beautiful and rich while me? I am a mess inside and out.

Before he could have said anything, Christine come and interrupt us.

"I sold couple of paintings already." She said grinning. "I heard you bought one." She looked at Daniel. I have no idea when he even bought any painting while we were here.

"It's a gift for someone." Daniel said, shrugging.

She give him a teasing look, "How cute is that." She said. "I asked them to wrap it up later and send it to your home."

"I actually want you to send it to the person's address." He said, correcting her.

"Sure." she grinned and looked at me as if she knows something, that I have no idea.

"Well, then I should ask for your leave. I didn't see Uncle Gregory, but give my regards to him." Daniel said as he put his arm on my shoulder.

"Of course." She said.

"I will text you the address." He said. "Make sure you deliver it safely, I will check the painting and give you feedbacks about the delivery." He winked at her.

"Sure, customers feedback is always appreciated." She said. "I hope the person will like it." She looked at me again.

"If she doesn't, she have no choice." He chuckled. "She still have to keep it."

"Poor her." She teased.

"Lucky her." He corrected.

"Sure." Christine rolled her eyes at him and then looked at me, "It was nice to meet you, I hope you enjoyed and I would love to meet you again."

"It was nice to meet you too." I said.

"We should totally hang out, together." She said.

"Yea?" I said, unsure how to reject her offer. This is the first time someone asked me to hang out with them.

"Sure." Daniel said sarcastically. "She doesn't have friends for a reason, You think you are that special? that she will hang out with you?"

I was offended by his comment. Christine mouth dropped opened as she glared at him. "You have no manners." She scolded him. "You should apologize to her."

"She is not offended." He said and I was baffled by his assumption.

He is just like them, he have no idea his comment had hurt me and just like always, I stayed silent as he humiliated me in front of his cousin, a stranger who I doesn't know. There goes my chance of having a friend.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading, please give this chapter a Vote and a share. Thank you for your support ❤️