Sunshine and Shadow

Will
I was lying awake in the Apollo cabin, staring at the ceiling. Ever since that conversation with Nico I couldn't get him off my mind. He was in the infirmary for three days, but it wasn't nearly long enough. Today was his second day, and when his stay ended, he'd probably never notice or speak to me again. I close my eyes and groan. Why did I have to fall for Nico? I think to myself. Why him? He hates me, and besides, it's not like he'd ever like someone as opposite him as me. I wish there were a medicine I could take to heal my heartache, but I have to suffer through and soldier on. I get up and head to the sick bay to check on everyone, since I can't sleep anyway. After I organize all the medicine, I hear someone stirring.
"Can I leave yet?" Nico's voice calls.
"No," I reply, my stomach jolting a bit. "I said three days, and tomorrow's your last day. So no, you can't leave yet."
"Ugh." Nico groans and I turn around and look at him sternly.
"If you want to stay in the world of the living, you owe me another day, DiAngelo!"
Nico smiles a little. "Alright, Sunshine, I'll stay." My heart flutters when he calls me Sunshine.
"You were going to anyway, Death Boy, but I'm glad you agree." I turn away before he sees my smile.
***
I'm cleaning my cabin after Nico's release, alone, when I hear the door open.
"Hey, Sunshine."
I turn. It's Nico. Who else could it be?
"Hey, Death Boy. What do you need?"
"I..." he hesitates, then powers on. "I needed to tell you something." My heart jumps.
"Wh...what?
"I...I could show you. It would be easier." My heart beats so fast I think I might die.
"Okay."
He closes the door.
He sits next to me on my bed, his dark eyes staring hard into my blue ones. Then he leans forward and kisses me, hard, unabashedly. I kiss him back, loving every moment of it. When we pull apart, I'm breathing heavily and I only want him, nothing else. I need nothing else. He whispers in my ear,
"I love you."
I look at him, and suddenly nothing matters except that he loves me and I love him. I kiss him this time, and I'm relieved he doesn't pull away. He kisses me back, carefully wrapping his arms around me. I pull him closer, and the kiss lasts what seems like forever. When it ends, I stare into his eyes, looking for any signs that what we share isn't real, but I only find love, an outpouring of love.
"Nico, I-"
He puts a finger to my lips, and smiles faintly. "Shhh, Sunshine, don't ruin the moment." I smile, tears in my eyes. He hugs me, his smaller body pressed against mine, and I hold him close. I love him so much. We are together, and that's all that matters.
After we cuddle for a while, I whisper into his hair,
"Should we tell anyone?" Nico looks up at me.
"Of course. But not yet, Sunshine. For now you're all mine, and I want to keep it that way for a little while." I kiss the top of his head.
"I love you, Death Boy."
He glances up at me lovingly, and with a hint of satisfaction he says, "I know."