The Hunt for Suzie

Dear Readers,

I'm gonna be a Rick...

"To my wonderful readers. Sorry about that last cliffhanger, well, no, not really HAHAHAHA but seriously I love you guys."

Thanks for getting this story to over 800 views! That number completely blows my mind. Please excuse any typos! Love you guys!

Happy Reading!
<3 Lunie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico

I couldn't sleep for days. All day, all night, all the time, I was either crying my eyes out in a corner or desperately searching for Suzie. Will was completely unresponsive at times, tears streaming down his face, silently staring at nothing. Other times he was all business, going through the most logical ways we could find Suzie. And sometimes I had to hug him to keep both of us going. 

"Nico," Will croaks, sitting on my bed. I sit next to him, and put my head on his shoulder. I'm exhausted. Days and days of this, constant worrying, searching, crying. Now I'm just tired, no tears left to cry.

"I love you babe," I whisper to him, looking at the empty crib we moved into the Hades cabin. A constant reminder of the baby we lost, even though we left our cabin for a while.

"I love you too," he replies. "But I feel like it's all our fault. Suzie would be safe if we hadn't adopted her, and I was the one who insisted we adopt-" I shush him.

"It's not your fault," I assure him, looking him straight in his eyes. The light in his eyes is gone, and he looks like he's aged years in a matter of days.

I lean in and kiss him on the lips, my eyes closed, and I feel him wrap his arms around me. We kiss deeper, harder, and I feel all my pain at once. Finsing Suzie, loving her, taking her home, leaving her with Thalia, learning she was stolen, seeing the monster of a man leaving in the distance, and finding a little bit of pink cloth on the ground in his wake - part of the outfit she had been wearing. And that was when I knew - Suzie had been taken for a reason, and I was still afraid of what that reason could be.

I felt Will's tense self relax as we kissed, and when we pulled apart it looked as if he had become younger, or as if some of the weight of the past few days had faded.

"I'm ready to face them," he says quietly. We've been avoiding the camp as we desperately search for Suzie. I nod.

"Me too."

We come out of the cabin, hand in hand, and are immediately greeted by Percy and Annabeth.

"Nico! Will!" Annabeth yells and comes over to hug us. "We wanted to tell you - Thalia had the Hunters of Artemis come, and they're out searching for Suzie and the giant who took her as we speak.

"Could they identify who stole her?" Will asks, his grip on my hand tightening.

"Not totally. It was a giant, definitely, but no giant we've ever seen before. Who knows why he stole Suzie?"

Hazel runs up to me. "Nico! Are you alright?" 

I try for a smile, but I'm guessing it wasn't as good as I hoped. "Oh you know. Just dying and crying."

She hugs me. I hug her back, relief washing through me.

"NICO!" A scream of my name. "WILL!" We both turn towards the voice. Far away, a girl dressed in a silver parka, carrying a bundle. I'm running, everything is slow and mute. Could it be? Could it?

I arrive at her, and the girl is holding a little girl - Suzie. It's her. The girl places her in my arms, and I start to cry. But not out of joy.

There are claw marks scraping across my baby's face. Thank the gods, her eye isn't harmed too much - she should still be able to see. I quickly take her to Chiron, and, in tears, ask him to take care of her. He takes one glance and motions to Will, our resident healer as well as her father, and they dissapear into the Big House.

I wait for what seems like forever before Will stumbles out and sits next to me. I rub his back.

"How is she?" I ask anxiously. He smiles a little, his eyes closed with exhaustion.

"She'll live, and there's no brain damage." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I smile and kiss him. "I love you." 

"Our girl is going to be okay!" We giggle happily.

And everything is alright, I suppose.

Until Chiron comes out with a grave look on his face, and all of out giggles stop.

He beckons us inside. Suddenly I am more afraid than ever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you guys think? I couldn't wait another day, I had to update!

Thanks for reading, and while you're here, check out some of my other stuff!

Love you all, and I'll update soon!
<3 Lunie