Gods of Olympus - It's Official

Dear Readers,

WE GOT IT TO 500! Thanks guys!

I won't bother with self promos this time - I'm sure it annoyed you all. CHECK OUT MY OTHER STUFF PLEASE! Okay. I'm done. Also, please excuse any typos.

Thanks again! Happy Reading!
<3 Lunie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will

Nico and I nervously stood in the elevator, and I felt butterflies in my stomach. Tapping my foot, I glanced at Nico, who smiled encouragingly at me.

Since he was the one to tell our friends, I have to tell our dads. Who decided this was fair?

We requested that Hades be at Olympus today, and by some miracle he agreed.

Ding. Here we are, the real top floor of the Empire State Building. Olympus. Nico takes my hand as we step out into paradise.

The blinding sunlight startles me for a moment, but once my eyes adjust we begin the walk to the pavilion.

Upon entrance, I REALLY wish I'd chosen to announce our engagement to the friends.

The gods sat, staring at us. Some of them looked happy, but some were glowering.

"Um," I start, but my voice seems very quiet in the huge chamber. "Uh, Apollo?" I look at who I presume to be Apollo, who's smiling encouragingly. 

"And Hades?" Nico says, looking at the only person who could possibly be Hades.

I smile a little with excitement. "We wanted to, uh," I clear my throat, "Well, we wanted to tell you... well, we're... engaged." The last word is mangled and choked out, but Apollo's astonished and pleasantly surprised expression tells me he heard.

"We'll, just, ah, leave you with the fathers, eh?" Zeus rumbles, stepping away from his throne. The rest of the gods do the same, some murmuring congratulations as they pass. Soon it's just us, Apollo, and Hades. Apollo becomes human size and comes over to me.

"Oh, Will! Congratulations!" He says, hugging me. But a lifetime of making sure people didn't know I was gay tells me he is slightly dissapointed. Still, he's putting on a good show, I guess.

"Thanks, Dad," I say, and I sense Nico tense beside me.

"Well," Hades says, not looking either of us in the eye. "Congratulations, if you'll be happy."

I know that Nico isn't able to speak at the moment from his expression, so I take his hand and say confidently, "Yes. We are happy." A squeeze from Nico tells me that was the right thing to say.

"Well. Congratulations then. And Will," Hades says, looking me in the eye, "You're a lucky guy." I smile as Hades reluctantly hugs his son - nothing personal, but for some reason, I don't think the Lord of the Dead is the hugging type.

"Well, we'd better be going," I say, still holding Nico's hand like it's a lifeline.

"I'm so happy for you, Will," Apollo says, grinning. Maybe he is happy for me. Whatever he thinks, it won't change who we are.

"Good for you, Nico," Hades says gruffly. "Hope your wedding is nice." Nico smiles sheepishly.

***

I flop down on my bed in the Hades Cabin, and smile across the aisle at Nico, who's laying on his.

"We did it," I say, sighing.

"We did it," He replies contently. But I'm not content. This aisle seems very big...

I walk over to his bed and flop down beside him. "What- Sunshine!" Nico hits me playfully with his pillow.

"What is it Death Boy?" I ask, leaning close in to his face, staring into his dark eyes. "Too close for comfort?"

Nico smiles and whispers "Not close enough." Then he pulls me in and we kiss forcefully. I feel his hair, his cheeks, his lips against mine, and I know that whatever my father thinks, whatever anyone thinks, this is what I want. Him. All of him. Forever.

When I pull away gently, we are both breathing hard. He turns his head slightly, and whispers, "Too close for you?" I pull him across into my bed instead, and whisper back, "Not close enough." When we kiss this time, I hold his face and make the kiss last, but it's a gentle, soft one.

"I love you," I whisper on his lips, knowing that it's true.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what did you guys think??? I liked it a lot!

Please tell me if you enjoyed this part and what you think I should do next - probably the wedding, dontcha think? If you want an alternate, darker wedding read "Nico Solace", another one of my solangelo fanfics. I'm not continuing that one, but it's a different spin on their wedding. I promise this wedding won't go like that!

Please read some of my other stuff if you like this one!

Thanks for reading... another one coming soon! How soon is up to you guys...

<3 Lunie