Sudden Death

Dear Readers,

The title may be shocking, but trust me - you'll want to read this one. Credit to my dad for coming up with the general idea for me to play with - and warning; plot twists ahead! :)

Thanks for supporting, and please excuse any mistakes I make!

Happy Reading!
<3 Lunie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico

I was carrying Angel, and Will was carrying Suzie. Even though she was four, the walk to the pool was too much for her little legs.

We'd found a local pool that was close enough to walk to from camp half-blood. Even though Angel wasn't technically a half-blood (a weird mix since her dad was apparently part god, but not a half-blood) she could still be in Camp. We thought that since our kids were half-bloods, not quarter this god, quarter that god, or some mix like normal demigods' children, they should live at Camp Half-Blood. Since that was where we felt most at home - and since Will was the top healer there - we decided to stay.

"Pool! Daddy, put me down! I wanna go to the pool!" Suzie squirms, trying to get down, and Will laughs.

"We're going to the pool, sweetie, but we're not there yet!" She crosses her arms and pouts, but in a few seconds she's happy again.

"Agagaga!" Angel gurgles, touching my face and looking at me with big blue eyes. Her's are a darker, intense, pacific ocean blue,  while Suzie's eyes are more like the turquoise caribbean waters. Have you ever seen those pictures of a strip of land dividing two bodies of water, one turqoise and warm, one darker and deeper? That's what their two eye colors are like.

Angel also has black hair, which complements her eyes to create a different effect than Suzie's short blonde hair (it hasn't grown back from when they had to shave it off for the surgery yet) and light blue eyes. Angel's also been a lot quieter and easier than Suzie was at 1 year. She's just now starting to make noises that sort of sound like words, which Suzie did at about 10 months.

"NOW we at the pool, Daddy. You put me down, now? Please?" Suzie says as we approach the pool.

"Okay, honey, okay," Will says, and puts her down. She runs quickly towards the building. I look away for one second to make sure we have sunscreen, and-

THUD.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

I whip my head back to see Suzie, on the ground, with Will next to her. There is so much blood. Will takes out a bottle of nectar and quickly pours some in her mouth. She stops moaning and is silent. I whip out my phone and dial 91. I wait to dial the last number, because she could be okay - demigods tend to avoid hospitals, since we're different than mortals and some ambrosia and/or nectar usually does the trick.

Will looks up and says, "Don't call 911. Get Chiron. She'll be okay until you guys get here." I nod.

"Try not to attract attention. Someone might call 911," I say, then quickly start running towards Camp.

When I get there I quickly go to the big house, where Chiron is out on the porch with Annabeth, who's pregnant again - she'll be having her baby soon. They're talking about something.

"Chiron! I need help," I say breathlessly, as I stop running in front of him. Angel makes a little crying noise, but she's not sobbing so I keep talking.

"We were heading to the pool and Suzie tripped and hit her head on the curb, and there was so much blood, and Will gave her some nectar and she's okay for the moment but he said he needed you right away!" Chiron instantly starts running (well, galloping) towards the pool. He'll be there almost instantly, while I need a break.

"Do you want me to watch Angel?" Annabeth asks worriedly.

"If isn't too much trouble, would you?" I say. She nods and I hand her Angel, after kissing my baby's forehead.

"Love you baby girl," I whisper before sprinting back towards the pool.

***

After the agonizing wait outside the Big House with Annabeth and Angel, which reminded me too much of when we found Suzie and she was hurt, Will finally comes out holding Suzie. She has a new pink scar on her forehead, but she seems fine, if a bit sleepy.

"Fafa?" she mumurs, and I instantly say, "I'm here sweetheart." she smiles, her eyes closed.

"Daddy said I had to be strong 'cuz you had a boo boo on your heart. He said I gotta be okay for you. Do you got a boo-boo on your heart?"

I laugh. "Are you all better?" She nods. "Then Fafa doesn't have a boo boo on his heart anymore. It's all better."

"Suza!" Angel squeals happily, reaching for Suzie from my arms.

"Was that her first word?" I ask Will, astonished. He smiles, amazed.

"Yep. And it was her sister's name."

Annabeth grips my shoulder. When I look over, she has a look of pain and determination on her face.

"My... my water just broke," she says, and grimaces. "Would you be so kind as to get me to the big house?" Will is instantly on his feet, helping her.

"I'll watch the kids," I say, and hold Angel while Suzie sleeps on my lap.

What a day.

"Sorry Suzie, but guess we didn't go to the pool today. Maybe some other time, okay sweetie?" she smiles in her sleep, but doesn't say anything.

Angel tugs on my ear and gurgles happily.

"Now, you, Angel-Bear, you can't tear at my heart as much as Suzie has, okay? This much stress - Fafa's gonna pull his hair out!" She giggles and keeps playing with my hair.

What a day. I'm surprised I didn't die of stress.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you guys think? Some drama, but nothing serious...yet. Next time - this is a warning - I'm gonna give you guys a cliffhanger. A bad one.

You're very welcome!

Thanks for reading today, guys!!!!!

I'll try to update soon... prepare for that cliffhanger. I've got something in mind. *mutters to self* they are gonna hate me...

Love you all, and thanks for supporting!<3 Lunie