Chapter Eight

Jasmine Milano

A party. I am going to a party tonight. Alejandro's company is having some big launch to celebrate some new business deal and I have to be there I had asked Alejandro if I couldn't just be sick and not go he laughed and kissed me at the same time telling me no.

I really don't want to go to this thing I hate parties and people looking at me. The city is still in an uproar over our wedding I still see myself on magazine covers buying food and at work there was even a picture of me with Blake out having lunch.

Now that one caused Alejandro to hit the roof I have never seen anyone so angry over a silly photo it's not like we doing anything but talking at the park but he wasn't having it. We haven't talked much since then I think he's still mad at me but he won't tell me why.

I take a breath looking at myself in the mirror I am dressed in a floor length royal blue dress that has silver studs cover the top my back on full display. It also has a split on the right side running up to my thighs I feel over dressed and way too exposed. I have curled my hair to the side to show off the back of the dress.

I walk over to my phone on the bed as it lights up I haven't heard much from Alejandro all day he didn't sleep with me last night I think that photo has really messed us up we were so happy before it came out and now he's avoiding me I still remember how he came home that night.

.......

"What the fuck is this? "he yells putting the paper before me.

I was sitting in the living room watching a movie when he barged in all angry and red in the face and that's saying a lot for a man like him. I take up the magazine looking at it it's the photo of me and Blake at the park talking.

He had come by the shelter when we were taking the kids on an outing and he tagged along he wanted to know what happened why he hadn't heard from me and how I came to be with Alejandro we were just catching up but this makes it look like more.

"It's not what you think" I say getting ready to defend myself.

"Oh, really then explain what the hell you are doing in a park with Blake Calamari?" he asks seething and I take a breath,

"We were just catching up" I tell him and that only seem to anger him.

"I don't want you within ten feet of this man do you hear me"

What? he can't tell me who I can and cannot talk to it's my life not his I can see who I want and Blake is a friend I am not going to turn on him just because he doesn't like him or whatever.

"No!" I stand looking at him.

"Don't test me Jasmine I mean it this is not one issue you want to fight with me over" he warns but I am not backing down.

"No, I won't stop seeing him he is my friend and you can't tell me who I can and cannot see" I tell him and he shakes his head running his hand through his hair a sign that he is frustrated but I could care less he is being unreasonable.

"Fine, have it your way but Blake will not come within ten feet of you and if you push me on this I swear he will regret it" he says heading into his study

.........

That was the last time we actually spoke it's been days and for some strange reason I miss him I miss having him around me all the time. I miss him holding me at night or talking to him about things that bother me just having him with me always I miss him.