Chapter 24

"Pull back their already inside." I command everyone through the mind link. We need back up and I don't know who to call. Warriors stumble out of the bushes looking frantic, and I point to Alex.

"Get him to the pack house and safe." I tell a couple of the male warriors, so they kneel down to lift Alex, whom is still in his wolf form, up and start running back to the pack house. "Can you fight?" I grab Aidan by the sides of the head to make him look me in the eyes so I'll know if he lies.

"Yes." He looks determined and livid. I nod my head turning to the women warriors who are still here.

"We are going to use the pack house as home base. Everyone is to start there and then slowly create a bigger parameter as more rogues are eliminated." I notify everyone over mind link.

I turn back to Aidan. "We need help, do you have someone you trust that's close?" Aidan nods. "Do you know the number by heart?" He nods again. "Anyone have a phone on them?" A younger warrior raises her hand throwing her phone to me. I hand it over to Aidan as we start sprinting back to the pack house.

"Elijah it's Aidan we are under attack. We need your help. Thank you." I can't hear what Elijah is saying back, but the sigh of relief Aidan lets out let's me know it's good news. Just as we are about to make it to the pack house I hear a high pitched scream.

"Della!" Aidan chases after me as I race to find the source of the noise. I stop dead in my tracks as my heart breaks in half. Tessa is sitting next to her mom desperately trying to wake her up, but I know that isn't going to happen. She's gone. I hear Aidan's audible intake of breath right behind me.

"Tessa." I don't want to startle her so I whisper to her. She looks up at me with tears streaming down her cheeks, breaking my heart even further.

"Luna." She whimpers and I hold my arms out motioning for her to come to me. She stands up running straight to me while sobbing. I pick her up clutching her to my chest immediately turning back and sprinting to the pack house. As we break the tree line I see everybody waiting for more rogues to attack. I rush over to a female warrior and hand Tessa over.

"Bring her inside and please keep her safe." The women nods and starts carrying Tessa away, but Tessa puts up a fight.

"Let me go." Tessa starts struggling in her hold. "Luna Della!" She screams just as the pack house door closes behind her. I close my eyes trying desperately to hold back the tears. Aidan must see this because he takes a hold of my hand squeezing it.

No one says anything after this. We are all listening carefully to hear if any rogues are approaching. What feels like hours later but is only a few minutes we all tense up at the sound of pounding footsteps heading in our direction. Everyone gets into position ready for whatever is headed our way. Some warriors shift into their wolf forms just in case.

"Halt!" Aidan shouts as a large tan wolf followed by a equally large russet wolf trots through the tree line. I almost fall to my knees with relief when I put it together that this is Elijah and Nora. They both shift throwing on some clothes they were carrying in their mouths.

"There are already wolves running your boarders, and I have extra warriors on call if needed." Nora takes on glance at me rushing forward and pulling me into a hug. A chorus of growls rip through the air at the speedy movements, but I wave them off.

"We should clear all homes and buildings before letting people out of the bunkers to be safe." Aidan nods in agreement and his eyes glaze over mind linking with all the warriors to do just that. "Can a few of you update all the people in the bunkers just so they don't continue to worry, and can someone bring Violet back?" I ask a group of warriors that are right next to me. They all nod before running off in different directions.