Chapter 26

"So you're telling us there is nothing you can do about it?" I scoff crossing my arms across my chest. Aidan leans back in his chair letting out a frustrated sigh while dragging his hands down his face.

"Without any evidence we can't prosecute him." For the past hour of our discussion Ivan hasn't strayed away from his emotionless expression. It's frustrating because all he keeps telling us is that without evidence that Blake and/or Raven were apart or behind the attack they can't do anything.

"Well aren't you at least going to investigate it?" I stand up and start pacing behind Aidan and I's chairs. I can feel that Aidan is just as frustrated as I am, but he's in his own mind right now no doubt trying to find a solution.

"We already completed our investigation." I stop in my tracks turning to him seething.

"You're shitting me right?" When his expression doesn't waver I exploded for the hundredth time since he arrived. "You "completed" an investigation in less than twenty four hours, and all you found was that Fletcher was somehow in on it. Then you come storming over here to detain him, and let me tell you the only thing you accomplished was further traumatizing a girl who saw her dead mother's body only yesterday." For the first time since he arrived I notice emotion come from Ivan. It was brief but I saw the small flinch he tried to hide. At least now I know he's not a psychopath who's incapable of emotions.

"What if someone came forward to report and confirm the illegal activities we all know they are doing?" Aidan jumps in distracting us both from my rant. I automatically know where he is going with this and get super excited.

"Hypothetically if a person were willing to come testify in front of the council about such matters we would have basses to start an investigation into their pack. I must tell you though I can't make any promises that anything would get done. We both know how Blake is he'll weasel his way out of it just like everything." He has a point, but I have a plan.

"It will stop him from hurting our pack any further while we think of a long term solution." I change my attitude to a hopeful more excited one so Ivan doesn't detect my true motives. "Can you mind link Violet to see if she'll watch Tessa while Fletcher comes down here?" Aidan nods his head his eyes glazing over.

"An investigation against him will distract him long enough for us to end this. I don't want Ivan or anyone from the council knowing this since they can't seem to solve anything."

"Violet's on her way up, and you are incredibly intelligent my dear." I bite back my smile so Ivan doesn't see. Aidan never fails to compliment me any chance he can get.

"We need you to come down and talk about Dark Mountains. Violet on her way up to watch Tessa if you want Ryder to come down as well."  I quickly notify Fletcher.

"I'll be down in a minute."

Ivan starts to pull a leather notebook flipping through it until he finds a blank page. He bends down reaching into his bag pulling out a small recording device and sets it in the middle of the table. He looks up his eyes connecting with my confused ones.

"If I record Fletcher's statement it will hopefully save him from having to come in front of the council in person." I nod so he knows I understand him. A knock at the door resonates throughout the quite room. Fletcher steps inside followed by Ryder and Emeric. They move to take a seat on our side of the table.

"Della and Aidan have decided they would like to move forward with attempting to open an official investigation into Dark Mountains for misconduct. In order to do that I will need to take statements from both of you." He looks between Fletcher and I. "I will start will Della since she left Dark Mountains eight years ago and can only testify about that time period." Aidan reaches over and grasps my hand in his rubbing his thumb over my knuckles in a soothing matter.