1.5 | Battling a Hydra

The Hydra roared loudly, causing the platform they were standing on to shake a little. The group scrambled out of the way as one of the heads darted forward and snapped its jaws, getting hair-raisingly close to Hoseok as he screamed in fear, "the fuck do you want from me!" Hoseok slapped its snout away before it could get any closer, stumbling over to Namjoon, who helped pull him aside.

"Aren't Hydras suppose to be dead?" Jimin shouted.

"Hercules should've killed the last one. It should still be buried under the stone at Lake Lerna," Yoongi said.

"Well that doesn't fucking matter, cause one's right in front of us!" Seokjin growled.

"We're gonna have to be careful," Namjoon warned, "as soon as you cut off the head, burn the stump so it doesn't grow back. It spits acid, and don't breathe in its breath, it's venomous. Also, don't ingest its blood either, it's poisonous."

The oldest rolled his eyes. "As if we are dumb enough to do that."

"Well.."

"Stop arguing," Y/n hissed, pulling Namjoon by the collar of his shirt away from Seokjin, "spread out, all of you. Take a head each, then we'll take on the immortal one together."

They obeyed immediately, standing in front of one of the heads of the Hydra each. Within a few seconds of them getting organised, the Hydra's individual heads began their attack, snapping and hissing.

Y/n jumped back as it snarled at her and lunged forward, trying to catch her with its jaws. Its teeth nicked the skin on her arm. She scowled at it as menacingly as she could and flicked her arm down, a sharp and light-laced sword forming in her hand. She grasped the hilt tightly. The Hydra darted in, lips pulled backwards to show its teeth. She raised her sword and clashed it into its mouth, slicing its tongue off cleanly. Her eyes widened with surprise as it dropped out and fell to the floor with a splat, wiggling slightly.

"Ew, gross," Taehyung muttered from beside her, refocusing when the Hydra roared and butted its head towards him.

She laughed softly at his reaction, stepping away as the head in front of her reared back and howled, jerking its head forward and spitting out a stream of acid at her. She dodged it and watched as it landed a few meters to her right, burning through the platform. She growled and summoned as much of her strength as possible, gripping her sword as she swung it up at it, aiming for the neck.

She chopped through the thick jugular with a grunt, wrenching her arms forward so it was decapitated fully before dropping the bloody sword. Her eyes widened. "Fire! I need fire!"

"I got you, Noona!" Hoseok shouted and clicked his fingers, a flame appearing above his fingertips as he formed a shield against the Hydra with his other hand. It grew into a fireball and he threw it to her. She caught it and turned sharply, redirecting it to the stump of the head. Once the fire touched the bloody neck, it burst into flames, the flesh blackening and withering as the injury was sealed shut, preventing it from growing back.

"Noona!" Her head snapped over to Jungkook, "give me a hand!"

She picked up her sword and heaved it up, taking a few steps and spins with the sword at arm's length and releasing it once it was pointed at Jungkook. It shot through the air, past multiple more heads until it embedded itself into the neck of the Griffin's opponent.

Jungkook unfurled his wings and lifted himself, jumping at the hilt of the sword and grabbing a hold of it before pushing down, tearing the muscle and meat of the Hydra as it screamed in pain. He slashed through its neck and dropped to the ground, panting heavily. It erupted into flames when Hoseok murmured a soft incantation and Jungkook shouted a quick 'thank you' to him.

Within a few moments, the eight heads were dealt with, leaving only the singular immortal head in the middle, observing with slanted eyes. It didn't move to initiate anything. It only stared at them.

"How do we kill it?" Jimin asked, eyeing it with his bright amber eyes.

"We can't. It will never die. The only thing we can do is probably bury it under a rock like what Hercules did," Namjoon said.

"Or we could paralyse it," Seokjin offered, "I'm pretty sure Hoseok would have a spell or two for that."

They all glanced at him, Y/n prompting, "Hobi?"

"Of course." He fumbled for his backpack and searched through a thick book that he brought, flipping the pages over and over again until he landed on the one he was looking for. He gestured to Y/n. "Bring your sword over," he said. She obliged and dragged it to him, watching as he hovered his hand above the blade and trailed his hand over it. He muttered multiple invocations repeatedly, closing his eyes for several seconds before opening them and lifting his hand from the blade. "Okay, now the sword is laced with a chemical that induces paralysis. So if you wanna give it a quick stab to the heart or something, go ahead."

She nodded and brought the weapon into her hands, twirling it slightly as she prepared herself before she turned quickly and released it. The blade pierced through the air towards its destination, sinking cleanly into the flesh of the Hydra. The creature screamed in agony and jerked up, its eyes red. It opened its jaws and blew out a breath infused with venom.

"Hold your breath!" Namjoon shouted.

They slapped their hands over their mouths and noses, inhaling deeply before the venom reached them and pausing their breathing. Jungkook beat his wings powerfully, lifting himself out of the breath's way and darting over to the Hydra. He dropped himself where the blade was buried in the creature, grunting as he brought all of his strength to the surface and twisted the blade further in.

The Hydra shrieked and tried to shake him off. However, he hoisted himself up once more and dealt a last, forceful kick to the hilt of the sword. The tip of the blade pierced a vein and the chemical was released into the creature's system.

Within a few seconds, it stopped moving and slumped to the ground, as still as a rock.

The group took a breath, panting as they stared at it.

Taehyung moved forward with Jungkook, the older forcing his power to come into play as he pushed against the air while the Griffin whipped his wings fiercely, their powers combining and shoving the Hydra off the platform.

It fell from above the clouds, landing on the forest floor beneath them with a loud thump. It melted into the ground, the Underworld grabbing a hold of it once more.