2.3 | Information from the Atlas

Namjoon stood in front of a portal door with Y/n, staring at it hesitantly. It was the evening, and they were leaving Mount Olympus in a few seconds. He didn't think it would be a good idea, but there were no other options if they wanted the Gods back from Oblivion.

"So," Hoseok started, "just a recap, you two are looking for a Death Witch, a Necromancer. The Atlas should give you their name and profile of them as well as their location. Then when you get back, Zeus is sending two angels and two demons to collect them. They will be brought back here then we'll ask about what their fucking deal with the Gods are."

"Let's maybe not use those specific words," Jimin laughed, "but yes, that's the plan."

Namjoon smiled slightly before turning back to the door. Taehyung watched them by the side and gave him a thumbs up, "go ahead, Hyung."

The Moonchild rested his hand on the handle and closed his eyes, muttering passwords and spells under his breath over and over as his veins glowed a light purple beneath his skin. Eventually the door opened with a click and he gave it a push. On the other side of the door, small glimmers of light glittered within a dark dimension. The sizes varied, some as tiny as a molecule, others as big as the Eiffel Tower.

"It's the Milky Way," Yoongi said, squinting, "you got a portal outside of the Milky Way. Where are you?"

Namjoon frowned and gazed around, " we should be in the arm of the galaxies, the Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy."

"We are," Y/n said, "Sirius is right there." She pointed to a Star near the top of a constellation that looked like a dog. The Star she pointed at shone brightly, brighter than any other Star. It made them flinch and shy their eyes away.

"Well then, good luck," Seokjin smiled, giving them a wave.

The two returned the gesture before grasping each other's hands and jumping through the portal. They landed on a block of stone floating in Space and launched themselves up again, travelling across the expanse of darkness with ease. Then, the portal door closed with a slam and Yoongi's sight of them cut off.

He stared at the door for a few seconds before turning away to head to the kitchen. They would be back in a matter of minutes, and there isn't a lot of food that beings like them - ones that are alive and breathing and not spirits like the beings that inhabit Stars - could eat there. He prepared a simple sandwich along with a drink of water and went back to the room.

Two figures were slumped against the couch. They were back already.

Namjoon and Y/n were sitting on the sofa, catching their breath from how much they had to jump to get back. Yoongi set the food down for them, gesturing for them to eat. They did gratefully, taking sips of their water while downing the sandwich.

"So?" Yoongi prompted.

"Song Qian," Y/n said, "also known as Victoria Song. Chinese Necromancer who lives in QingDao, China. According to the Atlas, she has been travelling between a cave and her home often as well as going to the most random places and the most random time."

"Victoria?" They all turned to peer at Hoseok. He looked at Y/n with recognition sparking in his eyes, "it would make sense if it was Victoria Sunbaenim. She thinks the Gods are crap and that they should step aside and let the Goddesses rule."

"You know her?"

"Yea, I saw her around during the yearly gatherings for Warlocks and Witches."

"Could you identify her?" Seokjin pressed.

"Definitely. She has a unique face - big eyes and a wide smile - you can't forget it."

Everyone exchanged glances and nodded eventually. Yoongi sighed, "it's decided then. I'll go tell Zeus and she will hopefully be here by tomorrow morning for us to question her. Go get some rest if you guys want."

They slowly filed one by one out of the room, Namjoon leaving to take a shower and leaving Y/n in Jungkook's presence. The maknae peeked at her, "hey Noona."

"Hmm?"

"The Autumn Festival is coming up, are you going?"

She shrugged, "maybe. If I get asked I'll most likely go, but otherwise I'm staying in the dorms with Yoon if he isn't going with his Angel friend."

"Why don't you just go with us?" Jungkook leaned forward and widened his eyes purposely, his lips pouting adorably, "go with your cute babies."

"You guys are neither cute nor babies. Last time I checked, all of you were over a hundred years old."

"I mean, it's old for humans, but not for us. Hobi Hyung and I are actually young, Noona."

"Do I look like I care?"

He whined, "but-"

"No." She cut him off. "I'm only going if I get asked."

"Fine," he huffed, "be that way. I'll just get Joonie Hyung to ask you. You never say no to him."

"I almost always say no to him! What the fuck you talking about?"

-

I posted something on my dashboard thing. Please check it out, it concerns future books I might write. It's down to the responses at the moment because I kinda want to write it, but I'm not sure what you guys would think.

Thank you and stay safe everyone :)