3.6 | The Relatives

"Yeji, Hyunjin, who is it?" A woman and a man appeared at the end of the hallway, striding towards them.

"Noona, Hyung." Hyunjin turned to the pair. "It's Namjoon Hyung, Y/n Noona, and Taehyungie Hyung."

They froze for a moment before darting out, screaming incoherent words as they jumped at the three. "Chungha, Matthew," Y/n smiled, "how are you two?"

"Good, how are you guys? We heard rumors about an attack on a Supernatural Academy, it wasn't yours was it?" Chungha asked. She had doe-like eyes and a slim, oval face with relatively high cheekbones and a defined jawline. Her long, sleek brown hair cascaded over her shoulders and were tucked behind her ears.

"It did happen at our Academy but we handled it without too many casualties. We figured out the cause and got that sorted as well, however, because of the whole dilemma, something that we are unaware of might be harming the Earth. So, our Principal sent us to find an astronomer to check, just in case."

"Is that why you guys are here?" Matthew, a tall man with inky black hair and sharp but soft features, spoke up as his eyes flickered between the three of them.

"Yeah." Namjoon confirmed. "We need to ask you for a favour, Matt, to check space and note everything in our solar system. Even the smallest thing, even a trace of anything. If you're able to do so, how long would that take?"

"With the technology that we have now..." Matthew thought for a moment, "if I start now, I'll have results in a few hours."

"Thanks, Matt," Y/n smiled, "it means a lot."

"Well, I live on Earth too, and I have to do my job."

"While Hyungie does that, let's go catch up." Hyunjin pushed past and grabbed Taehyung by the wrist, dragging him into the house. Yeji nodded enthusiastically and tugged Y/n and Namjoon along, leaving Matthew to chuckle as he fished his car keys out from his pocket and Chungha to trail behind them with a grin.

"It was good timing for you guys to drop by," Yeji said, "HyunHyun and I are almost always busy, him as a soloist and me being in Itzy. Chungha Unnie is really busy as well, she says she's working on something new but she won't show us anything."

"That's because it hasn't been announced yet, it's only the beginning stages anyway," she protested.

"Is it a new album?" Y/n inched closer to her, gasping as her imagination ran wild. "Or maybe you got a role in a new K-Drama? Or tour announcements?" Namjoon observed her with soft eyes, a light smile on his face. She has always loved all of their idol work and keeps up with them the best she could. Along the way, she started to listen to lots of different groups and soloists, especially a male group called 'Seventeen' and a female group called 'Red Velvet'.

However, Namjoon himself had no specific genre he stuck to. He has listened to various types and likes the majority of it. There are a few genres he just seemed to can't get into, but he tries to widen his playlist every chance he gets. He does like songs that are a little calmer and meaningful, but he does like his share of Rap and Hip-hop as well.

As for the others, he knows Jungkook probably has Pop as his main genre since he loves a singer and actress called IU and has been caught dancing to Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish in his dorm on several occasions. Taehyung's taste is broad, going from Opera to Trot, so Namjoon isn't sure what the boy even has in his playlist. Jimin seems to listen to R&B a lot, including the sensual and dirty ones, which causes Namjoon to truly question how innocent he claims to be.

Hoseok is known to love Hip-hop, his playlist is dominated with a bunch of upbeat songs with a few slow or sad pieces scattered around. Yoongi used to mainly listen to Rap and Hip-hop but has recently incorporated slower songs as well as R&B and Pop. Seokjin doesn't listen to a ton of music like the rest, not that Namjoon hasn't seen him with earbuds fitted in, the man just likes being social and listening to the natural sounds around him instead. But the playlist he occasionally listens to is filled with mainstream music and ballads, he likes slower and calmer songs with the casual appearance of upbeat and R&B pieces.

Y/n's whining broke through his fog of thought, clearing his mind as he turned his attention to her. "I try to get the others to listen to a few of your songs, but they just shrug it off and mindlessly say it's good then forget it entirely." She pouts. "Only Hobi and Kookie actually go ahead and listen to a few more of your songs."

"They have their own tastes, Unnie, you can't get them to like our music if they aren't a fan of it. Listening to it without much complaint is good enough." Chungha chided softly, acting as the mother even though she was much much younger.

The Starchild sighed and turned to lean back against Namjoon's shoulder. "I guess that's true."

-

Matthew pulled the results out from the printer, squinting slightly as he stared at the paper. He reread it multiple times until he was sure his eyes weren't deceiving him. He exhaled shakily.

"Shit."