Chapter 1

You sat in your assigned seat on the Delta plane headed for Venice, Italy. You were on your school's science trip to Europe for a few weeks this summer vacation. You had your headphones in listening to your well manufactured playlist, scrolling through your camera roll ensuring you had enough storage for the mass of tourist photos you were bound to take, as the rest of the passengers boarded the flight.

To your left two seats over your classmate Brad Davis took his seat. You smiled at him as he took his seat but didn't start a conversation. You thought Brad was okay. You'd known him since you started at Midtown and had many classes with him. Since you were part of the half of the universe who didn't "blip" from existence, you continued to grow and age with classmates like Brad until the rest of the population returned. Of course, it was hard for both sides of the coin to adjust, but you found it particularly hard. Both of your parents had blipped and when they returned it was if they didn't know you anymore- the age difference between 11 and 16 was stark. Brad was one of those people who that change didn't affect as much, to be honest, it agitated you. Not to mention he was far too big for his boots as he acted more superior than those who were gone, at least that's how he came off to you.

Suddenly, you saw him grab his things and leave his seat. You peered over the seat in front of you to see what all the commotion was. You say Mr Harrington reassigning seats the row in front of you. You furrowed your eyebrows as you watched you teacher, very confusingly reconfigure the seating plan of his students. You faintly rolled your eyes as you diverted your eyes back to you phone.

You heard a body settle itself into the seat beside you and looked up to see Peter Parker looking upset and annoyed. You had always liked Peter. Call it a teenage crush, but you though he was cute, in an endearing and kind of dorky way. He was always very kind to you. You had sat next to him in your US history class and he was always willing to lend you a pen or let you copy his notes if your teacher was moving too fast for you to follow. You would consider him a pretty good friend, having sat with him, Ned and MJ at lunch a couple of times in an effort to make new friends with people who blipped back. Speaking of MJ, she was someone you envied. You knew Peter liked her, it was very obvious. How could he not? She was cool in a relaxed way and could match his banter in a heartbeat. Not to mention she had ridiculously high averages in all her classes.

"Hey Peter," you said as he shuffled in his seat, peering atop of the seat in front of him, glancing at MJ who was now sat next to Brad.

"Hey," he puffed out glumly as he slouched in his seat. Mr Harrington sat down in his seat and began recounting his equally hysterical and heartbreaking story about how his wife faked her death and ran off with some guy in her hiking group. Peter looked uncomfortable as he twiddled with the dual headphone adapter in his hand.

"Oh cool, you have dual headphone adapter," Mr Harrington exclaimed, "we can watch movies together." Peter's face dropped even more at the suggestion, the crease between his eyebrows becoming clearer.

You laughed at his expression and leant over to whisper in his ear.

"Don't worry, I'll watch movies with you. I know I'm no MJ but I'm a much better option than Mr Harrington."

His cheeks went bright red at the mention of MJ, but he laughed with you and nodded, whispering back.

"Yes please, you're a lifesaver"

***

The trip had been pretty good so far- you spent the 8-hour flight watching movies and chatting with Peter, despite his clock-work like check-ups on MJ and Brad. Even after the flight you continued to hang out with him. Ned and Betty had begun their whirlwind and frankly random romance, meaning Peter was left without a best friend. You filled that void with ease, slipping into conversation with Peter easily at every opportunity. Although he would talk about his 'plan' with MJ a lot, you didn't mind. You enjoyed spending time with him, the only downfall was that it strengthened your crush for him, which was recipe for disaster given his infatuation with MJ.

You were currently walking around Venice. Peter had gone off to buy a necklace for MJ so you were admiring the sights alone. You saw the two of them near the edge of the water. You walked over to Peter, as MJ was crouched on the ground looking at crabs fleeing the water. You saw him holding a small gift bag in his hand.

"Oooh, is that it?" you gasped quietly in his ear. He lent away from you, as if the quietness of your voice hurt his ear. He brought his hand up to his ear, as if it was in pain, but brushed it off as if he was going to scratch the back of his neck.

"What? Oh, oh, yeah! This is it," his voice trailed off as he looked behind you. You followed his gaze to a water drain that was drastically sucking water down. You and Peter both cocked your heads, staring quizzically at the drain until a huge BOOM came from the water.

A huge monster came bursting out of the water. Peter instinctively put his arm out in front of you. You saw Ned and Betty's gondola speeding towards you. Peter quickly grabbed your arm and pulled you towards him as the boat slammed onto the marina and into the building behind you.

"Ned, Betty, are you okay?" He yelled as he helped them out of the gondola. MJ stepped across it as you all started to run away. You looked up at the creature. It would have to of been hundreds of meters tall, the same size as a small high-rise, smashing fiercely through the villas.

"Y/N! Get out of here!" you faintly heard Peter's voice as you felt his hand grab your bicep and dragged you over to where Ned was. You heard him say something to him through gritted teeth but the only word you got was "face".

Ned grabbed you forearm and pulled you with him as he ran up the stairs. You clumsily made your way up the stairs, as you continued to stare at the gigantic monster. Once at the top of the stairs Ned let go of you and continued to run. But you stopped. Where was Peter? Why wasn't he running with you? You continued around the corner, glancing behind you every few seconds to see fi there was any sight of him.

After the fourth glance, you saw him- he was at the top of the stairs where you had stopped only moments ago. You opened your mouth to shout him name. It barely left your lips. You halted mid-scream as confusion took over your body. You exhaled as your brow furrowed as you stared at the boy...

... and the long white string of whatever-the-hell-it-was leaving his wrist?