Chapter 3

You arrived in Prague and checked-in to your extremely fancy hotel. The walls were covered in expensive antiquities, diamond chandeliers that glittered in the light. As you walked through the large double doors and took in the ambience of the place you knew something was up- as if the tour company upgraded you all to this. You heard your fellow classmates' astonishment of the grandeur of the place and had to stop your eyes falling out of your head when you exaggeratedly rolled your eyes to Flash's claims that he was "home".

You all stood in the lobby in a circle surrounding Mr Harrington and Dell as they recounted your instructions for the evening. You were only half listening, your thoughts caught up with overthinking. You were pondering the sheer absurdness of this 'science' trip when you realised you had been staring blankly at the person across the circle. As your eyes focused and you snapped back to reality, you fixated on Peter's face. He looked just as out of it as you were, (surely also thinking about how quickly this trip had spiraled out of control, but little did you know...).

Once you both realised you had been staring at one another, shy smiles donned your faces. Your eyes were staring intently at one another as you continued to admire each other from across the group. This was the first time you really got to look at him. The way his front piece of hair was slightly out of place, they way the corners of his eyes crinkled when he smiled-

Your admiring was cut short when Peter's face shifted from your view. He turned around sharply and slinked away from the group, brining his vibrating phone to his ear. You sighed slightly as you let your shoulders drop- you hadn't realised how tense you become, but they also drooped out of disappointment as Peter's face was no longer able to be seen by you.

"And you've got your own rooms!" Mr Dell announced. You swung your head around to finally look at your teachers. The class gave exclamations of joy as Mr Dell began to hand out room keys.

You made your way up the staircase, toe to toe with MJ. As you made it to the top of the stairs, she spoke.

"So long roomie," she joked. You let out a laugh as you check the room number of your card and saw that it was the one right in front of you.

"Farewell, don't forget about me," you bantered back as you made your way into your room. As you turned in the doorway you heard Peter's voice.

"MJ," he called out as he lightly jogged up to her, suitcase, backpack and some other black bag he had acquired at some point throughout the trip. You shut the door quickly not wanting to watch. As the trip progressed your childish crush on Peter deepened into fleshed-out feelings. But knowing he still liked MJ hurt, but you couldn't force him to like you.

You set your things up in your room, basking in its opulence. Once everything was in order you decided to have a look around the hotel before you were due to meet the class in the lobby to attend the festival of lights (but what you weren't truly telling yourself was that you hoped to bump into Peter along the way). Your silent, 'non-existent' prayer was answered as you opened your door you saw Peter and MJ walking out of his room. He was now only holding his new black bag. They were talking in hushed whispers. You couldn't hear much as they were so far away, the only words you were able to make out were 'figured out.'

They continued to speak passionately- she looked relatively calm yet he looked at her incredulously. Their hushed voices neared you and their conversation became less private. They hadn't seemed to notice as they continued:

"You can't tell anyone MJ, okay?" Peter urged. She nodded, whilst also slightly rolling her eyes. You quickly spun around as they got closer, pretending to fiddle with your key card to your room as to not draw attention to yourself, and to listen in on what they were saying.