Chapter 4

The crowd was loud and bustling, conversations blended into one another as people mingled through the square. Your eyes peer over the tops of heads as you searched intently for a mop of brown hair. You continued to shove your way through the wave of people, desperately looking for the boy you had followed.

You reached the centre of the square, where a large metal statue stood glistening reflective colours. Well, it was the festival of lights after all.

You ran a hand across your forehead. The boy was nowhere to be seen, and now you were all alone in an unfamiliar city. Your hand rested above your eyes as you squinted, searching through the crowd when you felt heat rising up your body.

You looked down as the cobblestone beneath your shoes began to crack and splutter embers. You stumbled backwards as you watched statue erupt into flames, a large monster emerging from the smoke.

The crowd became a frenzied panic. Screams of terror and crashing sounds blended as people scurried from the square and the monster threw fiery object at... Spider-Man?

You stopped in your tracks, people bumping into you as you looked up at the figure swinging around the monster. White webs flung from the figure's wrists but that was about as much as you could really see- his body blended into the background as his suit was entirely black.

So, wait, was it Spider-Man?

Another being zoomed into the square, a trail of green, hazy smoke following him. The man known as "Mysterio" lifted his arms as he blasted at the creature.

Your feet began to pick up pace once again as you sprinted as fast you could. You could hear yourself breathing in your eyes as your feet pounded along the ground-

"Y/N!" you halted once again. You looked around trying to find the source of the voice that was screaming your name. "Y/N!" it called again, "up here!"

You looked up sharply, your eyes training in on Ned and Betty sitting in carriage on a Ferris Wheel.

"Ned, Betty!? What are you guys doing up there?"

"We snuck out of the Opera when you did but," Ned yelled, gesturing at the cabin swinging around mid-air, "now we're stuck!"

"Oh um, okay," you said looking around, desperately looking around for something to help them, "wait right there! I'm going to help you!"

You ran up the metal stairs towards the base of the Ferris Wheel. You stopped as you reached the control panel. You hand hovered over the buttons as you deliberated your next move. You could hear screams and crashes as the monster continued to wreak havoc on the square.

You face twisted with stress as you observed the array of switches. One had "Unlock" written above it. You pressed it and sighed in relief as the wheel began to spin. You stepped back and watched as Ned and Betty's carriage slowly climbed up and around. A piece of debris came hurling towards the wheel, hitting its bottom left side. It caused the wheel to lurch to a halt. Ned and Betty's screeches could be heard as the carriage rocked from side to side.

"No, no, no!" you cried, looking at buttons, trying to find a solution, knowing full well that there was nothing you could do. "I don't know what to do!" Your hands ran through your hair in frustration.

THWIP

Your ears peaked at the sound. Turning on the heels of your feet you saw Spider-Man- who ever he was- swinging a large rock round before releasing it at the monster.

It stumbled backwards as the black-clad figure cheered, "Yes Beck, it's working- oh no!"

The force of the blow caused the fiery monster to fall into scaffolding, it absorbed and roared as its size doubled.