Chapter 5

You and Peter strolled along the streets of Prague, a brisk breeze and shared nervousness causing both your teeth to chatter slightly amidst your fumbling awkwardness. You both searched for the words to begin the conversation but failed, continuing to walk in silence. Your bag was slung over your shoulder, holding the very valuable piece of evidence you were going to present to Peter to either confirm or deny your suspicions.

You made your way over a bridge, arms swinging by your sides. With one swift movement the back of your hands brushed. You both quickly pulled them into yourselves, looking at one another and smiling gawkily. Peter chuckled,

"Sucks that the trip got cancelled." He said, you nodded.

"Yeah really sucks..." there was a lapse of silence before you spoke again, "especially because you didn't get to complete your plane, hey?" With this sentence your heart gave a pang, but you masked it but looking at the ground.

"Wait- what plan?" Peter's voice went up at octave as he asked, genuinely confused. His heart lurched as the first thing his mind went to was the elementals and-

"You know with MJ?" you said, raising your eyebrows as if your answer was obvious. He screwed his face in confusion, so you continued, "you know, Paris, the necklace..." you trailed off. Your voice trembled slightly with the hurt you were feeling knowing that the plan was not intended for you, but also because of your inclination that Peter is Spider-Man.

"What?" he queried. He looked at you astonished- mainly because he had not thought about this plan since the bus to Prague. That when he knew Brad had that photo of him he was petrified he was going to show MJ the photo. But ever since you helped him, without judging, without knowing the full situation- hell, you even distracted the whole class, so he could jump out the emergency exited- he started to see you differently. (Especially after accidentally seeing your texts with your sister, thanks to Edith).

You were just the girl in a couple of his classes, the one he had hung out with on the trip, the one who gave him advice on how to get MJ, the one who had made his heart flutter when you asked to do something together and then made his heart sink when he had to bail for saving-the-world-duties. That's why he had agreed to hang out with you- to spend more time with you, develop his feelings, and maybe tell you he was over MJ.

"Oh that plan," he clarified, "oh yeah..." he said quietly before perking up again, "actually, NO!"

His sudden rise in volume made you jump slightly. You turned to him and he did the same, stopping in the middle of the bridge.

"Sorry," he mumbled sheepishly, "I mean, I have a new plan actually. And I wanted to speak to you about it- "

"I wanted to talk to you about something too." He was taken aback by your words but nodded, indicating for you to continue.

You took a deep breath before letting the words you had been dwelling over for day leave your lips:

"Is your new plan to do with Spider-Man?"

His face whitened. His eyes widened. You saw his breathing begin to sharpen. His brows pulled together as he tilted his head to side.

Peter was freaking out- how did you figure it out? He knows he hasn't been the most discrete he could have been about it, but he didn't actually think you'd put the dots together. He ever had the stealth suit made so that this exact thing would not occur.

His mouth opened and closed repeatedly as he racked his brain for the right words to say, highly aware that the longer it took to do this, the less he was helping his case.

"What!" his voice squeaked as he narrowed his eyes at you, "No! What!" Me, Spider-Man? I'm not- no way! What, um, what gave you that impression?" he stumbled over his words, crossing his arms in an attempt to act nonchalantly.