Chapter 2

"Good news, we're going to Prague!" Mr Harrington announced. Everyone was very confused- what about Paris? "Tour company upgraded us" he clarified seeing the perplexed expressions of his students.

The class made their way towards the bus. You were walking with your roomie for the trip, Michelle aka MJ. You were helping each other with your bags as you clumsily made your way towards your not-very-bus-driver-looking bus driver, who you discovered name was Dimitri.

Peter and Ned were trailing behind the two of you, talking in hushed whispers, you could only catch the words "fury" and "hijacked". What the hell were they talking about? You shrugged it off that it was probably one of their video games or something. But the thought continued to nag in the back of your head as you took a seat towards the back of the bus. This newly found suspicion of Peter came mainly from the previous day's events.

What was that stuff coming out of him? Was it coming out of him- no of course it couldn't, that'd be so weird... maybe it was just water? That would make sense.

Questions flew around your head- you hadn't had much time to think about all the confusing things you had seen. But something didn't sit right with you. But that was all you could go off, you didn't see Peter again that day until you had all returned to the hotel, watching what had unfolded on the news.

He seemed fine- he had called his Aunt almost instantly but that wasn't suspicious, we had all nearly died, talking to family was regular after a near-death experience- but you had heard him whisper down the line to her about this "plan" and how he had begun to rethink it. You assumed it was the one with MJ he talked so fondly about. But by the way he spoke you thought there might have been more to it.

Your phone dinged. As you looked at the screen you realised that you had been lost in your thoughts for over 2 hours now. Your eyes skimmed the notification on your screen.

Gwen: yo lover girl, where's my denim jacket? It's an EMERGENCY

You rolled your eyes. Your sister always had a knack for being ridiculously melodramatic. She was your best friend- when your parents disappeared she was there for you, being three years older than you she became your default parent, despite being only 14 at the time, as you were shifted between foster carers. She was what got you through it all.

Y/N: it's in my suitcase dummy. You said I could take it with me, remember?
Also, don't call me lover girl

Gwen: damn I did too. What am I supposed to wear with my orange dress now??!!
And because you're in lurrrrvvvveee with that geeky boy

Y/N: wear the black one. It's in my cupboard, next to my red coat.
And I'm not in love with him! I've spent two days with him! All I said was he was cute and nice

Gwen: ooh yes this jacket is cute thx sis xx
And I can hear wedding bells already <3

You puffed out a laugh as you lent back in your chair. Pfft, you weren't in love with him. Sure, you liked Peter, he was funny and smart and far more mature then most guys going into senior year. But he liked MJ, and you weren't going to put yourself through the pain of losing someone again.

But that didn't mean you couldn't hang out with him.

You stood up from your seat and made your way to the back seat of the bus where you knew he was sitting. As you reached where he was you peered over the chair in front of him and let out a giggle. He looked up and as soon as he saw you his cheeks became a dark shade of crimson.

"Sick glasses Parker." You laughed as you took the seat two across from him since his bag was taking up the seat next to him.

He chuckled a little, before fumbling to put the glasses back into their case.