Sleeping in Eden (i)

🔞Warning - This story contains mature content and hermaphrodite expression. If you don't like the idea, please do not read.

"Krist, I'll be back soon."
Singto kissed Krist for the last time and cupped his face.
"Be good and watch the house for me."
Singto smiled at him like always does.

When Krist awakes, it was very still and quiet. He sat up in his bed, glanced at his side. It's been empty for almost a month.

"..... I have been a good boy for long enough, where are you, idiot!"

Krist flung the pillows on the wall in frustration.

He sighed. He got up from the bed walk to the window. When he opened the curtain, bright morning sunlight is blinding his eyes.

It's another beautiful day.

"I can't believe we're actually at war. Every day our soldiers are fighting with the Southern region."

The southern region is the only one that always against the imperial government and fights. It's been going on after the last King of the South's death. His military putsch killed the previous King and royal families.

Other than the South issue, over the hundred years, the imperial capital is always protected by defensive walls with excellent gatekeepers. People never thought about the war in their daily life. It always seemed to be someone else's problem. Even the southern region issue is surreal for ordinary people.

After Krist changed, he went downstairs for breakfast. When he sat on the breakfast table, he glanced at the server and noticed that the new third one.

"Aom, who is she?"

Krist asked his senior servant, Aom.

"My lady, allow me to introduce her. This is Nim. Our new housemaid. She is 16 years old. It's the first day for her. "
Aom said.

"Huh.. how did you find her? She doesn't look like from here."
Krist looked at Nim, who has darker skin with round dark eyes.

"Yes, my lady. She is from the South."
Aom said.

-South.

Krist's heart races faster.

"Nim."
Nim looks at him with a little fear.

"...Aom said you are from the South. When did you come?"
Krist asked.

"About two weeks ago, ma'am."
She said.

"How was over there?"
Krist asked her hesitantly.

"It was...bad, ma'am."
Nim lowered her head.

"How about your family?"
Krist asked hesitantly.

Nim shook her head.
Krist's heartbeat became faster.

"I see. If you need anything, tell Aom. We will help you to settle in the capital."
Krist said.

"Thank you, ma'am."
Nim bowed.

"Aom. Call the driver. I need to go out."
Krist got up and walked away.

---->>>------->>>>-------

The trees surrounded the white temple peacefully. Krist always felt that the surrounding air of the temple is different from any other place; it's a sanctuary also his home. Home for All flowers.

It's always a mixed feeling for Krist because he hated being a flower and living here. When he stands in front of the entrance, it already brought him back lots of memories.