Strange but Fun

"So, I have a question for you." Misumi asked while laying on the green grass and enjoying the warmth of the sun on her skin.

"So, I might have an answer for you." Shinji replied, sitting under the shade of an oak tree and watching the female soul relish the sun's ray's.

She turned her head to look at him and opened her rather rare amber eyes and smirked. He returned a more toothy smirk and chuckled slightly. For such a soul, she was rather pleasant to be around instead of being with the other Visord's.

"How old are ya, Hirako?"
Misumi questioned.

"Such a rude question to ask someone like me." Shinji said in a playful tone only to earn an eye roll and a laugh from the girl. Her laugh was so nostalgic, almost like music he heard so many years ago.

Bringing a long finger to scratch his cheek he had to think.
200? Maybe 300? Yeah, 300 sounds about right... roughly.

"I'd say 300, around there." He answered rather blandly, but Misume was surprised.

"You should be dust by now!" She laughed, earning a glare at the blonde.

"And you should be in the Soul Society, where you belong, baby doll." He jabbed back, earning the same type of glare from her.

But their glares soon faltered and both were laughing at and with each other. Misumi finally sat up and walked over to where Shinji was and soon sat next to him with a sigh. He smirked and thought he could make a move. Stretching and yawning big, he slowly began to drop his arms, one carefully laying on and around her shoulders. She shot him a side glance glare, making him pull his arm back and point to the air.

"Oh look, a butterfly!" He pointed out, making Misumi roll her eyes and laugh slightly. She grabbed his arm and placed it back right around her shoulders, making him stare at her and blink in confusion.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked as if nothing happened.

"Because you just shot me the nastiest glares." Shinji replied quickly.

"If you don't want to, I can go back sun bathing." She mused as she began to shift to her feet to stand.

As she was about to push up though, his arm grew a little heavy making her stumble back and plop right back on her backside. Shinji glanced down at her with a lazy smile and chuckled.

"You're not getting away with that so easily, Misumi." He clicked his tongue and leaned his head back against the trunk of the tree.

Misumi rolled her eyes and laid her head on his shoulder, surprising him but, not making him feel uncomfortable or uneasy. In fact, he liked it. Maybe more than he expected. For the past month and a half, he had been trying to get closer to Ichigo through her. From trying to get to talk about Ichigo, to trying to get her to go find him. But it all ended up with Shinji hanging out and getting to know the soul that was bound to Karakura Town. Something about her brought a sense of nostalgia and comfort. Her spunky personality and curiosity about him was an attractive quality about Misumi. She was like an old soul that he knew from the past, but he had no idea from when or where in his lifetime? Either way, he was here with this girl. And he really didn't need her since he already got the Substitute Shinigami's attention not too long ago, but her presence and personality kept bringing him to go look for her and spend some time with her, much to Hiyori's annoyance.

As they were about to doze off, Shinji's eyes opened up. A Hollow. Misumi sat up and looked out and then up to Shinji. "Another Hollow?"

He nodded and took a mental note of her awareness of the beasts presence. Usually souls like her wouldn't be able to detect such a creature. But she could sense it, or at least a little bit.

"Stay here. I'll be back in no time." Shinji looked at Misumi with a smirk and soon used flash step to get to the hollows destination quickly.

As he sped through the air like he was air, he began to rack his brain about Misumi. She was so pleasant to be around with, yet she knew when to take and joke and laugh at his corny nature. They both had a sense of maturity that can easily be flipped on short notice to teasing, fun, and intimate. It was strange to have these thoughts about a mere soul. But something deep down inside him told him that this had been around for years.

Either way, it was fun when around Misumi Hayashi.