(#1)

Dear Diary,

Today was fairly restful, considering that it's summer, and we're having the time of our lives. I'm just preparing myself for the year that is about to come.

Middle school, and the amount of work that will most likely suffocate you to death. I mean, considering that I have nothing to do at home, it's really refreshing to hang out with my best friend and tease her older, slightly nerdy brother. And of course, we always voice our worries to each other no matter how weird they are.

"I think my brother is sleeping with his girlfriend," Sophia told me, in a worried tone, as we sipped our orange juice.

I raised an eyebrow at her, and told her, "Why do I need to know this as of now?"

Sophia rolled her eyes and set her glass down. "Because I don't like her. I don't want to know that he's taking the next step with someone who should belong in the animal shelter because they're such a bitch," Sophia lamented.

I started to choke on my orange juice a little bit. My coughing becomes uncontrollable, as she pats my back to help stop the choking before I pass out and die on the floor. I wipe my eyes to make sure they're exempt from having any tears, and I look at her with an amused look on my face.

"Gee, I thought I was the one that's supposed to be savage. But, come on, even I'll admit this. Your brother is really attractive. I'm surprised no one in the school has come up to him yet with the offer of a one night stand," I told her, which caused her to raise an eyebrow yet again.

"I'm pretty sure they have, but he just never told me. Okay, fine, I'll agree with you on his looks. But out of all people, her? Why can't it be Joyce Allen? She's prettier, and a lot nicer as well." She flashed me yet another unsure look, which I replied with a shrug.

"Okay, why are we talking about your brother's romantic life? See, this is why I don't have siblings. What's been going on this summer for you? Anything else about Anthony that doesn't involve him screwing girls when he's horny?" I asked her, which caused her to roll her eyes at me.

"Nothing too extreme, I guess. Been hanging out with Rob a lot. I'm just having the time of my life before I'm crushed to death by the workload in middle school." I let out a small chuckle, as I wiggled my toes inside of my shoe.

"Really? I don't see him at karate anymore. Did he already get his black belt?" I asked.

Sophia nodded. "He's decided to stop. I mean, he's starting middle school, and he's already got his black belt done. Impressive, huh?" she asked, to which I gave another nod.

"Yep. He hasn't practiced on you, right?" I asked.

A chuckle escaped her smooth lips, and she replied with, "No. His mom would've slapped him right then and there and would've started cursing him out in Armenian had that happened."

Right when she said that, Anthony came strolling down the stairs, with his head held high, and his body language exploding with pride.

When he came down the stairs, the memory of how much alike Sophia and Anthony looked struck me in the face. With their thick dark hair, warm brown eyes, sun kissed olive skin, and full, smooth pink lips, it was no shocker that Anthony caught the attention of most of the girls in his grade.

"Hey, guys. How's it going, Sonia?" Anthony asked.

I shrugged. "I'm okay. How about you? How's it going with Diana?"

He just shrugged, and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "It's going fine. We've gone public. Nothing special. Overall, she's great, and the relationship's great," he said, which earned an eye roll from Sophia. She continued to sip her juice while her eyes basically said, "Yeah, right."

However, Anthony noticed that indiscrete eye roll. "Wow, someone's salty about my relationship," he said.

I looked back at him and said, "No, it's not that. It's the communication problem. The thing is, we don't speak fluent bitch, thank you very much," I snapped, which earned another eye roll from Anthony. Sophia snickered a little bit as I sipped my juice to hide my cheeky smile.

"Wow, okay. That's harsh. Diana is not so bad," Anthony replied.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Really? So you're totally cool with a girl who told your classmate that she looks like a hoe because she was wearing cowboy boots? What kind of shithole are you digging yourself into?" I told him.

Anthony shrugged. "How would you know that, Sonia? You've never hung around her."

I rolled my eyes. "Then how would you know if she's good enough for you? You haven't hung around her for long."

Anthony just rolled his eyes. "Whatever. See you guys later. I'm gonna hang out with Devon." He grabbed his keys from the counter and scurried off somewhere.

I looked back at Sophia, who had the biggest smile on her face. "Thanks man. I really need to etch it into his tiny brain," she said, and I smiled again.

"It's no problem. I feel that on a personal level. Hey, don't worry. There's not gonna be any drama after that," I told her. She sighed, and continued to finish up her orange juice.

However, I hated myself when I said that. Why? Because I hate lying. I knew I was lying to her and myself, and knowing that made me want to cut my thyroid out.

Out of all the people I had to lie to at that moment, it had to be Sophia. And now, I'm wallowing in self regret like it's a swimming pool, and I don't know if I'll be able to get out of it. But, for now, all I can do is try to fight it, and move onto the next hardest task.

Trying to dry myself off of the regretful waters.                        

Love,

Sonia. 

———————————————————————

Side note: a lot of people are confused about their age. They're entering 7th grade, not 6th grade. Just a heads up. 

And it's here! The very salty Sonia has come with her words of wisdom to share! What do you all think of Sonia so far? Let me know in the comments.

Hey everyone! As you can tell, I had a blast writing TBD. Now that I'm sharing it with you all, it feels so good to have you guys read it.

Alright, I'll stop rambling. Hope you all liked this chapter!

Please vote/comment/share/follow/message if you like my work! See you all in the next entry!

Love you guys,

Shree