(#9)

Dear Diary,

Let me tell you a little story. Once upon a time, two girls met. Both of them were actually kind of decent. Then one day, one of them decided to have a nice bowl of bitch flakes for breakfast, paired a few slices of asshole apples. They took its effect, and the next thing you know, the effect really made an impact on the other girl.

They kept on buying bitch flakes and asshole apples, and the effects of them were always present to the other girl, always. Now, I hate that girl, and I want to slap the bitch flakes' effects out of her body. The end. I think by now, you're familiar with the fact that I'm talking about Victoria.

Yeah, I don't think her mom and dad have waned off on giving her the daily supply of bitch flakes for breakfast. I think her brother, David, made a very smart choice, because he decided not to eat bitch flakes for breakfast. It shows, because he's a super nice guy. But man, I know bitch flakes are appealing, and we all sometimes have a little bit here and there, but this girl seriously empties half the box within two days.

Sometimes, I just wonder why. Why does she decide to be such a bitch to Sophia? What drives her bitchiness? And most importantly, why to just Sophia? If I'm a bitch, I'm at least fair and I'm nasty to everyone.

She directs her attitude towards Sophia, and yet, with other people whom she's known for as long, she acts like they just got married and they're in the honeymoon phase. Like, what the hell? And unfortunately, the bitchiness hasn't stopped at all.

"Sometimes, I just want to hole myself up in my room and not listen to anyone. I want to listen to some music, maybe draw, and binge watch YouTube," Sophia huffily said, as she sat down at the lunch table.

Even though she is a lot more irritable lately, I could tell that something was bugging her. She usually is really good at brushing things off, but this time, I knew something was making her really upset. The only problem is, she never likes to open up much. After dealing with so many different kinds of people, her trust issues are layered and layered like an onion.

But, as her best friend, I just looked at her and said, "Victoria is STILL bugging you? Sophia, you're really making me consider just going there and breaking her nose."

Sophia rolled her eyes, and said, "For the last time, I love you, but you're not breaking anyone's nose. I'm trying to stand up for myself, but nothing's working. She knows how to get me back and to make me feel bad."

I frowned a little bit. Of course, Victoria had to do everything in her power to make Sophia feel bad. It was in her nature. It's what bitch flakes do to you. They're nasty, I'm telling you. "Look, Sophia. I think you need to develop a thick skin. Look, she's being petty. That's all I can say. If you don't learn to ignore her, then it's going to haunt you for a while. Victoria is looking for a reaction. She only does it because your reaction is what fuels her to keep on going. If you learn to ignore her, then she's not going to bother you, and she'll get tired of trying to get a reaction. If she doesn't, then I will smack it into her. Either that or Anthony will tell David and she will get lectured so much that her ears will fall off. Win win situation, huh?" I asked, and Sophia rolled her eyes.

"I'd rather take the ignoring option, thank you very much." Sophia threw her hair to the side a little bit, and rubbed the side of her nose with her finger.

"Fine. But if you really want to smack her, then I'm only one call away. Trust me, I will come running down at Usain Bolt speed and I will smack her so hard that she goes flying to Russia," I said proudly, as Sophia scoffed a little bit.

"You're such a weirdo. No wonder Pete loves to annoy you. But either ways, thanks. I'll take the advice any day."

I rolled my eyes. "I may be a weirdo, but you gotta admit, people shit their pants when I walk down the hall and I throw them my fierce look, eh?"

Sophia chuckled. "They shit their pants and then run to the bathroom to avoid you and clean themselves up. Bottom line, they avoid you. After word went around you beat up two guys who were harassing you, nobody has dared to lay a finger on you. I still can't believe you took down two high school guys. That's badass."

I flipped my hair. "Tell me something I don't know. They should write a book about me and call it The Badass Diaries. What do you say?"

Sophia smiled. "Hell yes. I'd read it." We both just laughed, and we kept on doing our work at that point.

I really hope Sophia takes the advice that I gave her. Victoria is being an absolute bitch, and I know Sophia can take her down. Sure, she doesn't have to be a badass like me, who can beat up two older guys, but she can build that wall and that strength that enables a challenge to bounce off of her like rubber. It just depends on how much time it takes to build that wall.

Love,

Sonia.

————————————————————————
I always love breaking the fourth wall in my stories. Do you all think Sonia gave good advice? Let me know in the comments.

Hey everyone! How's it going? So, out of curiosity, what kinds of characters are your favorite and what tropes do you want to be flipped? Let me know.

That's pretty much it. Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Please vote/ comment/ follow/ message/ share if you like my work! See you all next Sunday with a new entry in Sonia's diary! Have a great week!

Love you guys,

Shree