25. Candy floss kisses

"Worth the wait," he said, his voice hoarse and we both laughed. Alec placed soft kisses upon my lips and cheeks as he held my face.

My hands trembled as I rested them on his shoulders. "Definitely worth the wait," I chuckled.

Pulling me flush against his chest, he nestled into my neck and took a deep breath in. "I don't think you realise how long I've waited to do that."

With my ear over his heart, I listened to the soothing thump of each heartbeat. My eyelids closed as his fingers tangled into my hair.

"You're happy. She's happy. Can we just get going and stop with this cheese-fest already? Kids are watching." Finn huffed, but as I peered over, he grinned. Finn set a hand on my arm, then on Alec's and gave us a slight shake. "Joking aside. It's about bloody time, man. All he talks about, at uni, is Nattie this and Nattie that. Might finally give us all a break."

Alec lightly punched his shoulder, causing Finn to laugh as he took a step back. "Did not."

Alec looked down with the stupidest grin plastered on his face, his emerald-green eyes gleaming as they held mine. We followed our friends into the Arcade, swerving to the side as two boys tumbled out of the door with a reel of tickets won on the games in hands.

The group congregated around one of the video games, Sian and Andy's attention on a round of Mario Kart GP, as they screamed at the screen. James rubbed the base of Sian's neck, and she swatted him away. Andy jumped as his character won the race, leaving a sullen Sian to pout in James' embrace.

Sian popped her chin on her boyfriend's shoulder, and as soon as she spotted me, pushed him to the side. The frown on her face vanished. She linked her arm in mine and pulled me towards an empty Pac-Man game, leaving Alec with the others.

She slotted her coins in the machine and started to play. "Soooo? Tell me everything. I saw that kiss. Ugh, I thought it would be weird watching you two together, but even I have to admit it-wow." Sian kicked the base of the box as a ghost touched her yellow character.

"You saw that?" I asked, not able to hide the smile on my face.

"We all did. He wasn't exactly discreet." Bumping her hip with mine, Sian tumbled to the side, losing another life. "Nat! Look what you made me do."

"You guys didn't leave our side for a second. Desperate times," I laughed as she rolled her eyes. "Sian, it was amazing. Don't take this the wrong way, but I want to ditch you all so we can just keep kissing." My hand involuntarily raised to my lips as I replayed our first kiss.

The Game Over sign flashed on the screen, causing Sian to curse under her breath. She turned around and leant against the arcade game. "You have it bad. Just think, first kiss this afternoon and first shag tonight."

My eyes bugged out of my head. "Sian!" She was unbelievable.

"What? You live with the guy. What do you think's gonna happen when you share a bed? You're not kids anymore."

"No, we're not, but that doesn't mean it has to go so fast. We can wait a bit." I bounced on my toes and glanced over to Alec. Would he be expecting us to take the next step so soon? I shook my head, answering my own question. Of course not. It was Alec. He would never do something I wasn't ready for. I wanted to take my time with Alec. Savour every moment.

Sian pushed off the machine and nudged me to move forward. "Sure. That's what they all say."

As we strolled back up to the group, Alec automatically tucked me into his side, never having to glance away from the video screens. We stood watching James and Andy compete against each other for a few rounds.