Chapter 5

Harry returned home from his shift shortly after 5, quickly made his way to his room before flopping down on his mattress.
How did muggles do this every day? Harry really didn't know. Constantly having inane conversations with other muggles and the incessant sound of the jingle in the boutique's neighbouring store...he was lucky to not have created a large crack or dent in the wall for all the face-walling he'd felt like doing.
Harry stared up at the ceiling, succumbing to his fate of becoming a starfish with his arms and legs stretched out across the bed.
"Are you alright there?" Came a voice from the bed across from his.
It came from a lump in the bed, and Harry hadn't thought much of it till now, when it suddenly dawned on him that the cocooned caterpillar was indeed Neville.
"The fuck Neville?!"
Harry jumped up and looked back down at what he'd thought was his bed. Clearly not. He'd been tricked by his own muscle-memory.
No longer his room, right.
"What are you doing in Ron's bed anyway?" Asked Harry.
Neville blushed slightly but quickly pushed away his embarrassment of the seemingly awkward situation.
"We swapped. I kind of wanted the window spot, and Ron said, I quote, 'alrighty. Who doesn't love a brush with darkness on the reg.' Guy thinks he's a comedian, he does."
Neville shook his head laughing slightly at Harry's unsurprised face.
"Wait till he brings out all the wand puns and you'll be hunting me down ready to swap roomies in a heartbeat!"
Harry chuckled before quickly realising what that meant for him.
"Ah shite. Guess I better face the beast. Wish me luck, Nev," Harry grimaced and the two waved goodbye.