2.

Ally zipped up her jacket and started muttering as Jace pulled her down the halls of the institute. "Jace slow down!" she said as he yanked her by the wrist. "Something wasn't right with that mundane. How could she see us?" he spoke aloud, completely ignoring his girlfriends calls as he continued to drag her towards the exit. After hearing his words, the small girl planted her feet and ripped her arm out of her boyfriends hand. "so this is about the stupid mundane? you have got to be kidding me Jace!" she yelled, throwing her hands up in the air for emphasis. Her tone pulled him out of his head and he span round to face the girl. "No. Well, kind of. Okay yes. It's about the mundane. I can't stop thinking about how she could see us and her friends couldn't. It's messing with me head" he explained, taking her cold hands in his and rubbing small circles on the back of them with the pad of his thumb. "I'm sorry baby. I just really need to figure this out otherwise I'll be off my game." he pleads, placing a kiss on her open palm. Ally nods at Jace before letting a small smile work its way onto her rosey lips. "and we can't have can we?" she smirked, "you're lucky I love you". "don't i know it?" he whispered, grabbing her small hand in his larger one and continuing to pull out the exit.

Elsewhere...

Clary pushed her way through the crowds of people congregating in the club. 'I just killed someone' she thought, sick filling her throat. She acid back down and finally emerged from the building, sweat running down her neck. She hailed a taxi and went to the one place she felt safe, her home. 

"MUM!" she called, stepping into the shop. Instead of her mother, she was met with the silence of the shop. Taking the stairs two at a time, she emerged into her home to see her mother relaxing on the sofa, book in hand. "mum" she whispered, voice breaking as the tears threatened to fall. Hearing her daughters voice, Jocelyn dropped her book and span round the see her. "come here darling" she said, gesturing to the sofa next to her. The tears fell as Clary went to meet her mother. Pulling her into a hug, Jocelyn asked Clary what is up. The red-headed girl recounted the nights events as Jocelyn calmly sat and listened, not even batting an eyelash when Clary said she killed someone. "so these tattoos, what did they look like?" Jocelyn asked, leaning forward on her hand and resting her elbow on her knee. Clary cocked an eyebrow and described the tattoos she saw. Jocelyn perked hearing that they were in fact runes. Grabbing the steele from the coffee table, she pulled her sleve up and revealed her own runes and explaining everything as best she could to the confused 18 year old sat next to her. As she was about to start the full explanation, with all the details, a frantic Dot came crashing into the room. "they found us. they're here. Jo, the circle are here" she said, locking eyes with a terrified Jocelyn. "Okay Clary, we don't have much time. There is much you need to know but sadly I can't tell you everything. For now, I just need to know you are safe." she nodded lightly at dot who began to conjure a portal. " I need you to take these and keep them safe for me" Jocelyn put a necklace around her daughters neck and placed the steele into the confused girls palm. "think of me when you wear this" she whispered, smiling sadly at her angel and placing a kiss on her forehead. "Jo, there are here!" dot said, opening the portal and looking out the window at the figures emerging from the cars. "Clary, you need to find Luke. He's the only one you can trust. Listen to me, this is very important. Where will Luke be right now?" she said, placing her hands on the girls shoulders and walking her backwards. "at the station" answered Clary, purple enveloping her form. "think of that and only that. I love you" said Jocelyn before pushing clary into the portal and turning to dot. "you ready?" she whispered voice cracking. Dot looked at the woman, who was gripping a steele. "no. are you?" she asked, walking towards her and standing by her side. "no" she replied, heart dropping to the floor as the door burst open.

~UNEDITED~

A/N ~ so, i'm back. how has everyone been? I will try to keep up with somewhat regular updates on this story but I am extremely busy with work and personal issues so please be patient. thank you :) <3

~Kacie