3.

Clary appeared inside the police station, mascara lines caking her face and hands shaking. She could hear voices just down the stairs, 2 unknown and a familiar one. That voice belonged to Luke Garroway, her mothers best friend besides Dot. The voices were hushed but grew louder as Clary made her way towards the balcony. "the minute we found out Jocelyn Fairchild was alive you were easy to track" spoke a man. "Fairchild?" Clary whispered, before turning her attention back to the conversation. "Turns out you and Jocelyn were never that far apart. The circle has her now. It's just a matter of time before we catch the daughter" the man continued, trying to intimidate Luke. "you can have them both if you give up the mortal cup" the woman spoke up, sitting on the corner of Lukes' desk. Luke sat up a bit straighter in his chair, leaning his elbows on the desk. "I don't care about either of them. They mean nothing to me. Kill them both if you like. My people wanted the cup. Why do you think I've been hanging around here all these years? And when I find the cup, I'm gonna keep it and you can tell Valentine and the circle that" he replied, standing from his chair and staring the girl down. "Nobody mentioned Valentine" she panicked, body tensing and getting defensive. "You didn't have to" said Luke, shaking his head at the shadowhunters in front of him. "Listen.." started the blonde man, pointing his finger at Luke who just scoffed. "No you listen to me. Get out of my office" he snarled, pointing at the door. The pair scoffed and left the room.

Clary held her breath as she watched the scene unfold in front of her. The one person her mother told her to trust had been lying to them both the entire time. Clary sank to the floor as her whole world crumbled right in front of her. Tears running down her cheeks, Clary rose from the floor and ran out into the pouring rain. 

Elsewhere

"Jace Herondale, put me down this instant!" yelled Ally as Jace pulled her onto his shoulder fireman sam style. The blonde chuckled before swinging her round so he was carrying her bridal style. "And what if I don't?" he smirked, staring into her eyes. Thunder rang around them as rain clouds covered the sky, droplets falling from the dark abyss. "let's just say it won't be good" she smiled back at him, hopping out of his arms and beginning to walk away. "love" he called, watching her walk. "yes dear?" she called, looking over her shoulder at her boyfriend. "you're going the wrong way" he laughed, watching the small girl blush and walk towards him. "I hate you" she said, struggling to not laugh at the situation. Jace stretched his hand out towards the girl, watching as she took it in her smaller one and let him lead the way.

Elsewhere

Clary arrived at home, mascara dripping from eyes onto her tear stained cheeks. She noticed a pool of blood on the floor leading towards her house and she gasped, bringing a cold hand towards her sodden face. "MOM!" she screamed, running into the building.  Upon entrance, she noticed the place was torn up. Books and papers scattered the floor, broken glass from cabinets that had been ransacked. Shards of glass and splinters of pottery crunched under her feet as she made her way through her mothers shop. Clary broke down, dropping to her knees and screaming with everything she had. "MOM!" she creamed, gripping her dripping hair and shivers racked her small frame. Picking up a discarded axe from the table, the red-haired girl made her way upstairs. 

Clary walked across the busted down door and into her home. It was quiet. Too quiet. She stood in the doorway, looking around for any signs of her mother. Thunder crackled in the distance, making the girl jump. She span around and was met with Dot, standing alone in the darkness. "Dot" breathed the girl, walking towards the woman and dropping the axe. "they took Jocelyn" stated the woman, standing stationary in the living room. "who took her?" Clary exclaimed, fear filling her body. "rogue shadowhunters searching for the mortal cup" replied Dot, walking towards the frightened teenager. "what the hell are you talking about?" cried a distressed Clary, her brain working to understand what was happening. Getting closer, Dot continued "think Clary, did your mother ever talk to you about a cup. A very important cup. It's gold, almost like a chalice".  Clary pondered on it for a second "no. I don't know anything a cup Dot. Maybe one of the antiquities downstairs?" she questioned, confused as to why the older woman was so fixated on the cup. "no not those" Dot let out a breath "think Clary, this could save Jocelyn" she pleaded. Clary let out a frustrated groan. "I can't think! Someone kidnapped my mother!" she exclaimed, staring at the woman. "you know more than you think Clary Fray" said dot, face transforming into that of a demon. Clary grabbed her steele from her pocket and stuck it into the creatures abdomen. The thing fell to the floor before turning into a proper demon. Clary gasped, watching as Dot took the form of a pale demon.