THREE

Sammy's POV

I pretty much tackled Archie to the ground as we hugged. We let out a few laughs and I literally almost cried because of how happy I felt. I missed him a lot and of course he missed me, I'm his best friend, duh.

"Sorry to ruin this moment but I kind of need to go use the bathroom." Jasmine said softly right behind me. Me and Archie got up from the floor, laughing because it looked like we had a little wrestling match.

"Oh yeah, Archie this is Jasmine, Jasmine this is Archie." I introduced the two. "Nice to meet you." They shook hands. "And the bathroom is upstairs, to your right." Archie points to the stairs and jasmine nodded.

"Let me get your bag." Archie said as he closed the front door. He helped me take mine and Jasmine's bags upstairs to a empty room that I wasn't familiar with.

"This was my dad's office but he said to clean it out over the summer and so I did. This is yours and Jasmine's room now. Feel free to decorate it or whatever girls do to make it look pretty." He chuckled and placed the our bags in the queen sized bed.

The room was painted baby blue, it had a closet, a dresser, a TV hanging on the wall, and a full body mirror. It was a nice little room.

"Thanks, arch. But where's your mom?" I asked. "She went to go buy dinner, sushi, she'll be back soon." He informed me and I nodded. I sat on the bed and he sat next to me.

"I missed you." I said and laid my head on his shoulder. "I missed you too, Sammy." He laid his head on top of mine.

"How are you and Veronica?" I pulled back from him. "We're good. Like really good." He emphasized the word. "Get some!" I laughed and so did he, he even blushed as well. "I'm happy for you." I smiled at him.

"I'm happy that you're happy. I haven't seen you so happy in a long ass time." What he said was true. I was actually happy, I wasn't faking it. I felt at peace with myself, it took a while for me to recover from my past tragedies but I did it.

"Okay, again. I'm sorry to ruin the moment but I'm sure your mom is waiting downstairs for us with food." Jasmine stood by the door.

"Finally. I'm hungry." I said.

"You're always hungry."

The next day

All morning Archie has informed me about what had been going on in riverdale while I was gone. There was going to be a 4th of July parade, there hadn't been one since the death of Jason blossom and the town had voted to have one this year. But there wouldn't be a fireworks display over sweet water river because the blossom's wouldn't support it and the town couldn't afford them.

The town had been cool and quiet lately.

Jasmine wanted to stay at Archie's house and decorate our 'room' while me and Archie went to pop's. He was going to meet up with Betty, Veronica, and Jughead so they could work on the float they were going to display for pop's at the parade.

It was pretty hot outside so I wore a white tank top and some black high waisted shorts. I wore my white van's and had my hair in a pony tail.

Once we arrived, all eyes were on me. Veronica looked confused and Betty looked like she had just seen a ghost. Jughead looked annoyed.

"S-Sammy?" Betty spoke. "W-What are you doing back in Riverdale?" Veronica asked softly. "I came back to face my past, I guess you could say." I fiddled with my fingers. "Guys, let's not make this awkward. It doesn't have to be like this. She's our friend." Archie stood up for me.

"We aren't friends with cartel members. She doesn't deserve our forgiveness or friendship." Jughead said. As much as I wanted to punch him in the face, I knew he was right. I didn't deserve anything from them. I should be the one apologizing. I should be the one begging for forgiveness.

"Ju-" i cut Betty off. "He's right, I don't deserve anything from any of you. I screwed up, I lied to all of you. And I'm sorry for that." I apologized. "We all make mistakes." Betty said. "She's right and we forgive you, Sammy." Veronica agreed.

"Are you guys sure?" I asked and the two girls nodded. "I can't believe this." Jug scoffed and continued to work on his part of the float.

"Don't worry about him. He just hasn't eaten yet." Betty said which caused us to giggle. "Enough chit chat and let's get to work, alright?" Veronica said. "Also I love your hair by the way." She complimented me and I thanked her.

We working for about an hour in the hot sun, And Archie being Archie he took off his shirt. I just tied a knot in my shirt which made it look like a crop top.

Then as I was painting the milkshake, Cheryl pulls up. She looked upset which scared me. She didn't even bother acknowledging my presence.

"The riverdale reg has finally reported a story accurately. Not only is there going to be some hideous janky parade sneaking its way through town, you four, not including the ghost known as sammy, are the architects of this outrage." She folded her arms over her chest and spoke.

Did she dead ass call me a ghost?

"What's your problem, Cheryl?" Veronica asked. "My problem, Veronica, is that the Fourth of July is the day of tragedy for Riverdale, not celebration. Or have you forgotten what happened to my poor brother Jason?" She protested. "Cheryl, riverdale hasn't held a parade out of respect." Betty said. Cheryl argued but left right after.

"Great." Veronica sighed. We all stopped working and stood in shock at what had just happened. "Anyone hungry for breakfast?" Jughead asked.

Moments later we are sitting in the dinner. We got a large booth for all of us to fit in. We ordered what we wanted and ate as soon as we got our breakfast.

"So, camping this weekend, are we still on?" Jug asked. I wasn't aware of this but I really didn't care. I wasn't really a big fan of camping.

"I don't do well with the out doors." I mumbled and stuffed a piece of bacon into my mouth. "I'm open, but what are we talking about here? Like...?" Veronica asked. "The woods." I explained with a laugh. "But remember this could possibly be our last summer to do this, because next year we'll be getting ready to go to college." Betty looked at all of us as she talked, a small grin on her face.

I kind of forgot about college but I'm planning on going. Maybe a community college will be fine.

"And if anyone is scared of bears, well, don't be, because Archie's been attacked like, what, multiple times and still survived." Jughead said which made us laugh. "Hey, I wear my scars proudly." Archie said.

We ate in silence but then Archie's phone rang.

"Hey dad." Archie answered his phone. He got up from the booth to be on the phone with his dad. Then I heard his phone fall, I turn to see Archie slowly falling down to the ground. We rushed to him to grab him, the four of us became worried for him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him but he didn't answer. "What's wrong?" Betty asked. "Archie!" Veronica said.

"M-My dad." Archie let out. "What about him?" Jug asked. My heart dropped and my stomach churned at Archie's words.

"He's dead."

A/n
Imma cry in the next chapter. ✌🏽😗