Chapter 31

The grandpa yawned. His small and delicate features reminded you that of a cat, you see it with Jimin as well. He took a big sip of his ice americano. "I need another one," he said aloud. The ice stirred around in the now empty cup.

"Hyung, that's your third one in an hour." Namjoon pointed out with justified concerns. He watched his cousin flip through the pages of his notebook, recited some monologues about his vision, then sip on his straw.

It startled you when you saw him at the entrance. He was squinting hard to search for something or someone. Without recognizing him, you bowed properly at a 90-degree angle to the old man and offered some assistance. His silver hair contributed to the grandfather look. He turned around and grunted with an unpleasant look. "I look cool," he defended. He held his hand out for you to shake, "It's been awhile." he sighed.

Unlike Irene, you did not keep in touch with him nor Seokjin. All three of them heard the story of you from Namjoon and his mother. They collectively agreed that you were not that kind of person, but said otherwise in front of their hurting cousin. "Yes, thank you for doing this." you told him. Namjoon wanted Yoongi specifically to design the exhibitions because he figured his cousin would know him the best. That being said, Namjoon kind of force the man out of his hibernation and fly back to the country just for this project. Yoongi said it was fine as long as Namjoon let him sleep at his studio, feed him good food, and also go fishing.

"I'm terrible at fishing, you know this." Namjoon whined.

"I don't care," the man interjected, "I just don't want to go by myself."

And idea popped into your head. "You should meet my brother, Jimin, he's really good at fishing."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, "How good is he?"

"Oppa, we grew up by the ocean, fishing is in our blood." you chuckled. Namjoon's ears perked up when he heard you calling Yoongi 'oppa'. He heard it before, with Jimin's dance teacher and he bothered him thenn. Now with his cousin, he suddenly feel protective.

"In that case, you can go with me." Yoongi teased.

He did it on purpose to trigger his cousin because he knew the years did not wash away Namjoon's feelings for you. The biggest struggle of living with Namjoon in the States was not that he broke everything he touched, though that was a bother, but it was how he would always lie about how he's feeling. Yoongi knew that the kid was going through a hard time and he wished he would open up some more. But who is Yoongi to say anything, he's running from his inevitable future of marrying someone he doesn't love.

It made you blush a bit, mainly because Namjoon was beside you. "I think I should stick to paperwork," you laughed nervously, "But I'll introduce you to Jimin one day." Yoongi's plan worked, Namjoon glared at him and frowned. He chuckled softly then went back to his notes. You hadn't noticed the interactions between the two of them and continued writing notes down. Yoongi's vision was a walk through memories, specifically, Namjoon's memories. The purpose was for the audience to see things from Namjoon's perspective, to love what he loves, essentially. It sounded magical, however, neither of you knew which collections Namjoon would display, even he doesn't know that himself. Yoongi said it's fine, as long as the feel to the pictures remain true to the theme of memories.

Namjoon excused himself to the restroom and when he was out of sight, Yoongi motioned for you two to leave the room. "What are we doing?" you asked, it wasn't part of the agenda.

"I want another tour," Yoongi declared. Yoongi was not an art person, it would have been more believable for him to say he wanted to study the light fixtures.

"But what about Namjoon?"

"He'll figure it out." Yoongi shrugged. He had an unsettling smirk to him that made you on edge. Nonetheless, you followed him. The current exhibition was something Taehyung suggested, Van Gogh. The boy worked hard to get this project together, so hard that he came down with a cold. You were planning to go see him with some food after work. Many guests already occupied the space, many young lovers and lonely souls. Standing in front of the Cafe Terrace at Night, you began your normal dialogue.

"This is an oil painting that Van Gogh did in 1888. It was inspired by an actual location in France. The place was eventually redesigned to match the painting. The stark contrast between the yellow of the lantern and the blue of the sky illustrates the separation between the cafe occupants and the people outside. When I first saw it, I connected to the passersby, those who just want to enter this warm light and feel welcomed."

"How do you feel looking at it now?" Yoongi asked.

"I'm by the door, but I'm too afraid to go inside. There's a flutter in my heart but my feet won't move because I'm too scared to drown."

Yoongi tilted his head,"But what if you fly instead?"

"What-" He did something unexpected, he hugged you. Namjoon often joked about how short Yoongi is when you two were together, but the man was still engulfing you. "Oppa, what are you.."

"Shh...just trust me." he whispered. Then his body was pulled away from yours and you were being dragged somewhere else. You saw the same tan coat and blue-washed jeans. For a second, you relaxed just to feel his hand on yours again. How warm and safe you felt, it was the same from when you first fell in love with him. His skin was still rough, he made more rings on his fingers now, they cooled your skin. The back of his neck was tense, strangely, you like looking at him this way, because he couldn't see the way you look at him.

"Where are you taking me?" you asked, breaking the silence. His feet stopped and he dropped your hand. A slight drop of disappointment fell on you. He turned to face you and blinked.

"I'm sorry," he said rapidly, "Sorry, I wasn't thinking. When I saw Yoongi hugging you, my body acted on its own. I guess I was jealous." he explained, rubbing the back of his neck. He was evidently flustered as he avoided eye contact with you.

"Jealous?" you repeated, your voice echoing the empty hallway. "Why would you be jealous?"

"You're just as clueless as before." he blurted out. He lingered a bit longer, wanting to hug you to rid Yoongi's scent but held himself back. His hand reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear, you heart was pounding. He then proceeded to walk back to the exhibit with full intentions of kicking his cousin.