Chapter 37

Jimin was more than outraged when he found Namjoon's car parked in front of the entrance of the dance academy. He was annoyed at the sight of the luxury car and the owner dressed in designer clothing. It made him sick. He knew he shouldn't have picked up his phone, but he was worried something had happened to his sister. Jimin couldn't suppress the anger in his voice when he heard Namjoon's voice. The man didn't give Jimin much of an explanation, saying he wanted to meet face to face so that the conversation would be easier. Jimin doubted the conversation would be anything that's worth his time. He zipped up the hoodie to his lips and walked out.

"Why did you call me out here?" he glowered.

"Y/N said you needed to go buy shoes for your next performance." Namjoon answered cautiously. He had a hopeful smile on his face, praying that Jimin would see his sentiment. He needed the boy to accept him because he knows you wouldn't do anything against your brother's wishes. He was determined to win Jimin's trust, so that he could love you properly.

"Okay, then why are you here?" Jimin asked impatiently. The sun was hiding behind cement clouds. Jimin shivered a bit more.

"She wanted me to take you instead, because she doesn't have her car still." That was a lie, Namjoo begged you to let him take Jimin. You were fine yet anxious because Jimin can be a devil when he's upset. So much rage stuck in a tiny body.

"Well why isn't she here then?" He at least wanted to see you because he misses you every second you're apart. You would always call him clingy, but he never minded because he knows you don't like to be alone either.

"Um," Namjoon scratched his neck, "She hurt her foot."

Jimin's eyes widened and he lunged at Namjoon's collar, holding it roughly. Namjoon inhaled sharply. "What the hell did you do to her?" Jimin growled. Namjoon raised his hands up in defeat.

"Nothing, she fell at work. I swear, I would never do anything to hurt her." he explained with confidence and reassurance.

Jimin's grip on his collar didn't loosen any less. He scoffed loudly, his breath visible. Soft brown eyes pierced at Namjoon's. "Bullshit, you've done plenty to hurt her already." His hand dropped to his side.

"Jimin, please listen to me," Namjoon stressed. "You don't know what really happened that day. Neither Y/N nor I knew the truth about it until a few days ago."

"What does that mean? Wasn't the truth you only played with her and never wanted to be with her because she's poor?" Jimin retorted. He felt the emotions of that day swelling up in him. His heart broke when you cried on his chest as you recounted what had happened. It took you days to open up to him, and there were things you left out because it was too much and you didn't want to pour it all on him. He hated Namjoon because he had trusted him so much.

"No, that was a lie that my mother made up." Namjoon recounted. "She told me that Y/N only wanted me for my money. That's why I never called or came back for her. I was broken myself."

"Do you honestly expect me to believe that? I know Y/N believed you because she's so naive and hopeful. I can't imagine why she still loves after all these times."

"Jimin, I have made mistakes, and I can't apologize enough but I am not the enemy right now. I want us to be friends."

"Why? So you can bribe me and make me like you?" The boy rolled his eyes. He really had a distaste for people who think money can solve everything.

Namjoon shook his head earnestly, "No, because making you happy will make Y/N happy. I want to keep that smile on her face and I know you do too." That tugged at Jimin's heart because it was true, he would do anything to make you happy and if it's spending the day with a jerk, he'll just have to suffer for a bit.

"Fine." he muttered. Namjoon excitedly opened the door for him but allowed him to close it himself. His body sunk comfortably in the cushioned leather seat. Orchestral music began playing from the music player.

"Can you tell me more about the performance?" Namjoon asked.

Jimin, who was absorbed in the music, opened his eyes to answer. "It's my showcase. A few entertainment companies, including Big Hit will be there. It's my chance to show my abilities and hopefully, someone will want to hire me."

"Anyone would be lucky to have you." Namjoon commented.

"Thanks," Jimin shrugged. "H-how's the exhibition plans coming along?" he asked. Namjoon was stunned to hear his interest. "I only want to know what noona has been doing."

"Right," Namjoon chuckled. "It's going well. Y/N has been working hard to bring Yoongi's vision to life."

"Yoongi?"

"My cousin. He likes fishing," Namjoon added, remembering how you wanted to introduce the two of them. "You should meet him."

Jimin knew exactly who Namjoon was talking about. You had talked about Yoongi before and showed him pictures of the elusive man. Jimin remembersed how his cheeks grew red. There's a mysterious aura to Yoongi that intrigued Jimin. He figured this was what you felt towards Namjoon. "What's he like?"

"He's rebellious, and so brave. He moved away from his family in order to avoid any arranged marriages, I wish I had the guts to do that."

"And what about now?" Jimin questioned. "Do you have the guts to disobey your family now?"

"Absolutely. I intend to stay with Y/N for as long as she wants me to." Namjoon declared. "I won't let anything get in between us again." Jimin sat back in silence. He felt a surge of confidence pouring out of Namjoon and permitted himself to believe in that as well. They arrived at the mall soon after and Jimin did not want to get out of the car. "What's wrong?"

"I cannot afford anything here." he admitted. Namjoon ruffled his hair and helped him out of the car.

"It's my treat."

"No, I can't do that. Noona wouldn't like that either."

Namjoon sighed, knowing he was right. You would want to pay him back immediately. "Tell you what? You can pay me back when you're a world-class dancer."

"You don't know if that's going to happen or not." Jimin replied skeptically. Namjoon laughed and wrapped his arm around the boy's shoulders.

"It will happen one day. And I'll be waiting." Still uncertain, Jimin followed Namjoon inside. It was a nice feeling to talk to someone other than his sister about his interests. The feeling of having a brother returned. He found himself smiling as he walked from store to store with Namjoon, conversing and trying on clothes. It was also nice to see employees of luxury brands greeting him, the feeling was new. They all knew Namjoon's name by heart, makes sense considering that's their paycheck.

Some female employees were a little too friendly towards Namjoon. But the millionaire playboy was not still not used to this even after years of experience. Jimin watched the baby koala bear fight away the pack of wolves with the same phrase, "I'm here to shop for my girlfriend's brother." And that put a small smile on Jimin's face.