Chapter 1: Pandemonium

"This is Officer Lionels, we have a situation at Sector 7's highway. Some cars reportedly collided with something unseen on the middle of the road. I'm requesting for dispatch of traffic control teams and some towing trucks over here. We're gonna have to cordon off any present motorists and close off the highway until the incident is resolved, over."

"Copy that, Officer Lionels. How many casualties are there on the incident site?"

"There's a couple of civvies, nonfatal injuries. How long until help arrives?"

"10 minutes tops."

"Alright, I'll go and help out. Call in the nearby hospital as well for medics and… what the hell?"

"Officer Lionels? Is something wrong?"

"Y-yeah, we've got a situation here. The invisible thing the cars hit? It just unveiled itself."

"Is it armed and dangerous?"

"Uh, no, it doesn't look like it had any combat capabilities at all. I mean, it's a Romanesque structure that looked like a gateway or something. Hold on, something's happening."

"Describe what's going on."

"There's something black appearing in the space in the middle of the structure, I don't know. I-I'm going to vacate everyone off the area, it might be dangerous for all we know."

"Alright, evacuate all civilians present on the vicinity. We've already notified HQ and they're sending in SWAT teams and an EOD squad via choppers, ETA 4 minutes."

"Will do. Over and, out." He sighed before he started his task by going to the nearest group of civilians, a small family of three, standing near one of the wrecked vehicles. "Sir, ma'am, please vacate the area. The place has been deemed potentially dangerous."

The only man within the group, possibly the father and husband, approached him with a slightly worried look in his face. "But sir, where would we go? Our car was wrecked from what happened, and it would take at least 3 hours to walk from here to our house."

"There's a nearby police outpost not too far from here. Just ask for directions towards there and file a report. My fellow cops could give you a ride home." The man thanked him before they began to get off the place.

Lionels then noticed the increasing crowd some meters away from the structure, and so he decided to try to disperse the crowd as much as he could.

"Alright people, that's enough taking pictures! SWAT is coming in any minute now, so get outta here!" shouted the officer, trying to get the people away from the scene, which worked in a degree as the crowd gradually became smaller. But there are still some persistent idiots that didn't seem to hear what he said, so he had to tell them off again.

And then the screams began.

Alarmed, he frantically looked around, and saw a- HOLY FUCKING SHIT, IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON?! WHAT IN THE HELL?!

"NO! Calm yourself! Every second is vital!" he screamed to himself as he drew his Gauss Pistol, but just as a precaution. If he could at least be able to reason with these guys, then he wouldn't need to-