Chapter 4: Into The New World

"... And this concludes our meeting. Dismissed." The president declared as most of the attendants started to leave one by one, until he and his aides are the only ones left in the conference room.

After giving his order to the Internal Security and Intelligence Bureau's director to locate the League spies within their ranks, he'd discussed various measures and projects with the other ministries, departments and bureaus with regarding the current issue they're tackling to resolve.

The Gate is an opportunity they can't ignore. More resources to sustain their people's needs, additional living space to solve their overcrowding issues, a chance to escape this hellhole they called planet Earth, and many new avenues for scientific discoveries. The possibilities are absolutely endless!

However, the possibility of an information leak remain present. If any outsiders finds out about the Gate (especially the League), they will pressure the last nation to give up the Gate to them.

That is very unacceptable to him, and so they must consolidate their military defenses first and make sure that they can fend off an invasion force even without White Glint. Hopefully the ISIB would finally work their asses off and do their jobs for once.

He frowned at that notion. Everyone became too dependent on NEXTs in both offense and defense, and Line Ark itself is not an exception.

Sure, they had far better equipment and military assets compared to the rest of the world, but that could only get them so far against the immense numbers and industrial might of the League of Ruling Companies.

The only reason there's no major invasion attempt until now is from two reasons alone. One, they haven't done anything that incurs the League's wrath upon them. And two, the former hero of the LYNX War, the second White Glint, is too powerful (as an enemy) and too useful (as a registered LYNX of Collared) for the League to get rid of.

Why the League decided to attack now is unknown, but the fact that they attempted to wipe out Line Ark is enough for the small nation's president.

The military's hard-working R&D Department had a handful of new and interesting projects that are already past testing phase and currently pending for a go signal at mass production, but with the current economic situation they are in, they can only approve 3, maybe 4 projects simultaneously.

And even then, it will take weeks, maybe even months, before any one of those projects could be deployed on the field.

Moving on to the issue of immigration, he along with the ministers and department heads have a general agreement that colonizing the other side of the Gate would be the best option to solve the economic and social crisis they're currently facing.

But since it's very likely that no one would want to stay in this dying planet, and add the fact that there's no guarantee that the Gate would remain stable for a long time, any attempts of colonization- no, exodus- to the other side of the Gate should be done in a quick yet organized manner.

He already ordered various departments to collaborate and create a comprehensive plan to achieve it, but it would take more than 3 to 4 weeks before it could be finished.

Speaking of people, an estimated half a thousand civilians were confirmed to have been abducted by the savage Roman wannabes. If the word they got from the prisoners are true, it'll only be a matter of time before the taken civilians would get sold as slaves, which would further exacerbate any chances of rescue.

As much as he wanted to send in an entire Land Battleship group to the Gate, transferring troops larger than a ground carrier to the other side wouldn't be possible unless they'd be dismantled first before getting shipped through, which means the initial forces at most would be composed of infantry and ground vehicles only. They'd have to make due with their assault vehicles and mobile artillery platforms for fire support roles in place of their frontline MTs.