October 12 (Part 1)

October 12, 2028 7:45am

Phoenix's Bedroom

Phoenix was the first to wake. He had found himself on his queen bed with Edgeworth cuddling him at his estate. His clock told him the dialogue of "12/10/28 7:45am" and all the lights off. He had no idea of how he got there, just that he was with the love of his life.

"It's my birthday today!"

Phoenix gasps out forgetting that it was his birthday. He realized that Miles' gift was for this day

"...Mmm.....h-happy...birth..day...Wright...." Edgeworth moaned out to Phoenix.

"...I'm sorry....m...my...gif...was...too...mmm..."

"N-no, it's ok! But, again, I'm sorry I didn't enjoy your gift, it was beautiful, though.."

Edgeworth moans out again, but slowly waking up

"...I...ha....ave....a..back...up...g..gift..."

"Nani da fuq?!"

Trucy enters the room, slightly triggered, still in her pajama onesie, holding a bunny plush, with a top hat

"Well, dad? What did you expect. He's Miles Edgeworth, for fuck sake!"

"Language, Trucy!"

"Sorry..."

"It's okay, now go to your room, we need to do...ummm...things..."

(Enter careless whisper here)

"So, it might take a while, also I don't want to embarrass me with you, in your onesie..."

He is still concerned for Edgeworth

"Fine dad, *whispers* I still ship it!"

Trucy goes to her room with a smirk on her face. Edgeworth wakes up, as he sits up on the mattress, he smiles at Wright. Wright looks over to Edgeworth as he starts to talk

"Edgey, look...these past days, have been-"

"Weird, I know. Well, I'm still sorry for...the way I've been treating you. It's just that..when I was with you, something would click, you know?"

Phoenix just smirked.

"Well, I kinda already knew about your feelings"

"Whaaaat?! But, how?!"

"Just by the way you acted in school. Whenever I would say 'Hi' or 'How are you?', you would just..blush or look away and wave kinda shyly. It got weirder from there. I would always invite you to come sit with us for lunch, sharing time and other stuff, but you just declined, quite quickly. I thought I was doing something wrong or being a terrible friend"

"But, Phoenix you weren't!"

"I know, I know. Just let me explain some more. Well, one day, me and Larry were heading over to his house & he brought up the topic of you. He sorta knew about this whole ordeal. Earlier in the week, he said that, his mom was acting...strange. Reason being, some friends were, ya know, over at his house, and they were all women. His dad told Larry, 'This might be a good time to explain this to you. Your mother, when we met, she confessed that she was a lesbian, but she still loved me.' And this being in a casual conversation, surprised me! I responded 'What about that is connected with Miles?' Then, he said that maybe you were a lesbian, but in reverse, instead liking guys. All I had thought at the time was 'Don't worry about it! This is just Larry being stupid again.' Later that week I started thinking about it more and more. And-"

"Wright, I was listening to reasons, not a whole life story, just get to the point...please"

Phoenix, kinda did a mini headbonk, realizing what direction he was going

"Well, like stated before, it felt more and more obvious. For years, I just wanted to deny that my friend liked me, but now...I've given in"

These was a pause, then Edgeworth spoke up

"You know, you didn't have to give in..it was your decision, not mine"

"But, Miles, all I wanted was to make you...happy...and so much more. So, you may have had this question in your mind for sometime now, so I'm gonna answer it. Yes"

Miles was confused, he didn't know what Phoenix meant

"What do you-"

He then figured it out. Miles clasped his hand over his mouth and started to break out into tears.

"Wright, are you serious?"

Phoenix, put his hand on Miles' face, like he did before

"When was the last time you felt happy before? Was it when you confessed?"

Miles nodded a small yes

"Well, it should be obvious. So, yes. I just want to see you happy. And if us being together is what you want, then that's what I'll do"

Miles just stared at him, a single tear fell from his face. Phoenix smiles at him as he said the line one more time

"Yes, Miles Edgeworth, I will be your boyfriend"

He then proceeded to hug Edgeworth, with tears spreading from his eyes down to his cheeks. A small smile emerged as Edgeworth dug his head into Phoenix's shoulder

"O-Objection! *sniff* I want to be your boyfriend!"

Edgeworth yelled out, wiping his tears with a handkerchief in his pocket. Both of them grew small smiles on their faces

"Objection! I love you"

Wright said softly as he pulled Edgeworth closer to him

"Objections sustained! You two can have your moment!"

Trucy's voice came out from three layers of wall

Both men chuckled out the rest of their tears