00 // mission

CLARA PRESCOTT WAS HELD CAPTIVE FOR DECADES. She did nothing but endless training of her peculiar powers. Stranded alone on a loop with a ymbryne who was also held captive, she felt hopeless of escape. Train, train, train— this had been Clara's routine for a very long time.

"Clara..." A terrifying, husky voice called her. Clara gulped. She knew who it was. 

"Ye-yes?" She was able to stutter, "What do you want with me, Barron?" 

"It's time." He said firmly, grabbing her arm and pulling her closer to him, "You have been training for this, Clara. All one-hundred years of it. This is the time I have been waiting for."

"You remember, before, you used to ask me why I haven't killed you and your stupid ymbryne. I have a use for you. A mission. To save your life. If you fail, you will die."

Clara shook his grip harshly, "What the hell do you want? Just fucking tell me!"

Barron's hand landed onto her cheek. The impact of his slap was powerful enough to let her stumble onto the ground. Clara looked down and did not try to stand. She was weakened by his slap, and she had just gone from her training. "I will send you to a place. Somewhere. You are not allowed to tell anyone that you are my associate."

"What would I tell them? What do you want me to tell them?" 

"You are Clara Prescott. You came from loops to loops. You didn't stay long enough, because you fear of death. You escape loops, then transfer to another one." 

"You think they would believe that?" Clara glared at him, her long, brown hair covering half of her face. Barron looked down to her, "Make it believable. I have my fellow hollowgasts to follow you and kill you if you snitch."

Clara closed her eyes, tears falling down her cheeks. Escape had always been a dream to her. To be free. To live her life without fear. Now, it even seems impossible more than ever.  "What I want from you, Clara, is to be my informant. I will be sending you to Peregrine's loop, tonight. Get all information you can. Manipulate them if you have to!" 

Clara was sent to pack her things and get some rest. She stayed in a vintage, three-story house where she spent a hundred years all alone. Her ymbryne, Miss Barlow seemed to be almost lifeless, the fear of perishing running through her mind all those years, she had gone insane. Only knowing one thing only; restart the loop. 

Laying down on a single-sized bed, Clara stared on the ceiling. "I would miss this house. Even if my friends had died here.. I miss them." Clara raised her hand, and swayed it. The ceiling broke, revealing the shining stars, glowing brightly. Blinking, her manipulation broke. She has not much energy left. Feeling her eyelids drop, she fell into a dreamless sleep.