22 // reunited

ENOCH WOKE UP WITHOUT SEEING CLARA. He remembered her saying, "I love you too, more than you ever know." before she left. He was now in front of Ghost Town, the loophole where they entered. He was wrapped around a rough, gray blanket, and his chest no longer bled. He sat properly, looking at Emma who was near him, "Where's Clara?" He said groggily.

Emma turned to look at him, "She still hasn't arrived. We've been waiting for her sometime now. We'll have to leave soon. How are you feeling?"

"I feel like shit, but I'm much better.." Enoch admitted. He looked forward, seeing a silhouette in the foggy place. When it got closer, it was Clara, who saw him immediately. She smiled but immediately collapsed. "Clara!" He shouted hoarsely.

Miss Peregrine and Bronwyn brought her to the loophole. She had a lot of blood rushing through her nose. They placed her unconscious body near him. "She's used her peculiarity too much. What did she do?" Enoch asked.

"She killed Barron." Jake said, looking at her, "A hollow was supposed to, but she killed it and wanted to kill Barron herself." He informed her. Barron was the one that stabbed him and Clara made sure to kill him for that. All that only to make sure we're safe.. Enoch thought.

"You all have to go, the loop's closing." Jacob said, and everyone was standing up. Miss Peregrine entered first and the rest followed. Bronwyn carried Clara and Olive assisted him, since he still wasn't feeling well. 

"Thank you, Jake." Enoch said, giving him a short smile. Perhaps he had thought of the Portman boy so awfully. Jacob returned the smile, "My pleasure. Do tell Clara I've forgiven her."

Enoch nodded. Goodbyes was never his thing. Enoch finds himself to be unable to let go of something so easily, it hurts him. He admits he was never fond of Jacob, but he was grateful for the things he had done for him and the people he treats as family.  This time, despite the hardship to say goodbye, he did. 

"Goodbye, Portman." and they separated ways.

✧ ✧ ✧

  AT THE SHIP, ENOCH PATIENTLY WAITED FOR CLARA TO WAKE UP.  He was holding her hand as he did. She looked so tired yet still so beautiful. How could you be so real? He thought in amazement. Enoch brushed his fingers through her hair. "I've missed you so much."

Clara hummed, before slowly opening her eyes. She saw him, tears well up on her eyes, "Enoch," She said softly, cupping his cheek as he did, "You're alright." 

Enoch placed a hand over hers, "I am. I'm glad you're awake." He said, smiling. Clara smiled too, "How are you feeling?" He asked her.

"So much better, seeing you alright." Clara said, pulling him closer and planting her lips onto his. Enoch was never a believer of god nor anything related to it. If the heavens were true, this is how it would feel. He had thought, everything he never knew he wanted, was in front of him; that's all that matters.

When Clara pulled away, she was almost breathless. Nevertheless, She bit her lower lip before saying, "I love you, O'Connor." She gave him a mischievous smile after.

This time, Enoch leaned to her and gave her a short yet sweet kiss. "I love you too, Prescott."  

There was nothing lingering in the room but their beating hearts. Enoch felt as if his chest were to explode; his heart thumping too much. It had always been like this-- Clara always have been able to make him feel like this. Looking back now, he had realize he had fallen in love with her ever since. 

"I love you." He repeated himself, "You've made me feel emotions I never knew I had. You pushed me into the fullest of myself. I love you. I really do." 

Clara didn't cry anymore, but she cried again. She wrapped her arms around him, making sure she didn't hit his wound. "I love you," She said again, "I love you so much. You reminded me of how sweet and heartfelt true love is. I love you, I really do." She muttered, it was loud enough for him to hear. He wrapped his arms around her, and buried his head on her neck. 

"Don't leave me again, Clara." Enoch said quietly, "I don't know what I'll do without you." 

"I won't. I won't ever do that again." 

author's note

i changed the cover :)) there's only one chapter left
and this story is officially done :(( i might write
special chapters but stay tuned and ofc, stay safe!