19 // fight

CLARA WOKE UP, FEELING MORE EXHAUSTED THAN EVER. She was alone in the dim room, still tied. A small light coming out of a flashlight was pointed on her face. "Oh, you're awake." A wight told her, "Barron told me to keep watch of you." Clara couldn't see his face but she knew he was a new recruit of Barron. All of his wight allies knew her, since they considered her as their 'secret weapon' back when she was still training. 

She was weak, but she knew she could still use her peculiarity. "Please let me go. I promise I'm not the enemy here.." She pleaded. She acted first, to see if he'll give in. "I'm not.." 

"Sorry, lass. I can't let you go." He grunted, "I'm here to make sure you don't ruin his plans."

"Please give me something to eat then.." Clara closed her eyes, "Please. I haven't eaten in hours. Even just a little piece..." She pleaded and started to work on her scheme. 

"Alright.." She couldn't see clearly, but she saw that he had something by the shoulder part of his coat. She couldn't figure what, but it looked like a weapon. He went back, and he had a loaf of bread on hand. He gave her one, reaching his hand to her mouth. She pretended to bite it, but it fell. 

"Oh my! I'm sorry, I'm so clumsy!" He picked it up, and she was able to grab the weapon by his coat; turns out, it was a knife. She manipulated him into not noticing she took the knife. He stood again, "Here," He said, and this time she got it. 

"Fank yo.." She said while chewing. He nodded and walked away. Clara started to cut the rope little by little until she got everything off. She manipulated him to watch over another version of her tied up. "Can I drink some water, please?" 

When the wight went closer to the other version of her, she disappeared and he gasp. When he turned around, Clara glared at him and stabbed him by the neck. His eyes widened, hands shakingly touching the knife. She pulled it out and stabbed him again. 

"Thank you, but one act of kindness can't pay every bullshit you've done." She told him, and left the wight to die. She started running, in the hopes she'll find Enoch before Barron could do something wrong. Please be safe, Enoch...

✧ ✧ ✧

  HALF OF PORTMAN'S PLAN WAS A HUGE SUCCESS. He was with him, Emma and a few children while the rest were in a place called Blackpool. They were in the shadows, observing Barron and his two fellow wights. "....What happens to that girl you tied up in the back?"

"I'll be sure to kill her." Barron said, "Poor Prescott, after everything she's done for me." Enoch wanted to go and punch him but he stopped himself from doing so. The attacked happened fast, Enoch couldn't keep track. He remembered surprising Barron and almost hitting him, but he failed and blacked out. 

Clara smiled widely at him. He immediately wrapped his arms around her. He felt at ease. He pulled away, "How--?" He asked, but she kissed him. "I've missed you."

"Me too, but right now, you need to save someone.." There were breaths that sounded like they were in pain. Enoch looked at her, "Them? I have to save them?" 

"Yes." She disappeared again, leaving him without anything.

Enoch woke up, immediately sitting up to see a wight holding down Olive, who was breathing heavily and in pain. Enoch ran and grabbed the remaining jar of heart he had and placed it inside the metal elephant laying down nearby. 

In a heartbeat, he was able to control it, and stopped the wight that was trying to kill Olive. It took him a while to take him down but he was able to do so. Olive laid on the floor, eyes staring up the roof, almost lifeless. She was frozen; the ice around her whole body was thick and it seemed solid. 

Enoch hovered over her, looking at her with remorse in his eyes. "I.. I couldn't save you, I'm sorry, Olive. I've been so harsh. You were loving, so much loving.. I'm sorry I couldn't love you, the way you love me." He leaned down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. He could only kiss Clara, but he made an exception. Olive was brilliant, but he knew to himself that he's in love with Clara. He closed his eyes, and sighed. 

"You don't have to be sorry.." The ice around her started to melt, He couldn't help but smile a little, "I chose to love you, even if you didn't feel the same. It was the risk I took, and you made me love the world surrounding us without even knowing it.. You are my everything, Enoch, and you deserve to be happy. If Clara makes you happy, I won't stop her.. I'm finished with letting my jealousy stop you from your happiness. I was selfish," She placed her gloved hand onto Enoch's cheek. He could feel the ice still melting, "I hope you forgive me." 

Enoch placed a hand over hers, "I forgive you, and thank you, Olive." He said genuinely, "Thank you for loving me." He helped her stood up, and that's when he heard Horace said, "Clara!"

He turned around to see Clara, Claire and the twins with her. "Enoch!" She said, tears rushing through her cheek. She looked stunning; her hair was curled and she wore an red, ankle-length dress that suited her body well.

Enoch ran to her and wrapped his arms around her. This time, she was real