The hope

Anakin has been a little less moody than he had been for the last few weeks. It's a huge relief if I'm totally honest. But it's still worrying that he felt this way about things. I know full well that he's never been one for being a good boy. He's obviously more of a bad boy but that still doesn't make up for his actions.

I can tell he's still tense and on point too. I suppose this could be a good thing but in my case it is not. We're trying to set up a new brand of jedi and Anakin is frightened of everything. Don't get me wrong, it can be funny but I hate seeing him this way.

I'm broken out of my thoughts when I hear Anakin knock on the bedroom door. He timidly opens it and smiles at me. "Hey Snips." He says softly.

I smile back at him. "Hey..." I murmur back. This made him smile even wider. He jumps onto the bed and wraps his arms tightly around my waist. "Why are you in such a good mood?" I ask quietly.

He just smiles up at me like a dog admiring its owner. Weirded comparison, I know but it fits perfectly. He kisses my head and pulls a long box from behind his back.

I raise my brow at him and sit up on the bed. "What's that?" I ask him.

"Open it and find out." He said as he lays the box down on my lap.

I smirked. It wasn't often Ani got me presents since we sorta lived on an isolated planet but when he did, it made my heart flutter. I opened up the box and I gasped softly. "Oh Ani it's beautiful...." I say.

I pick up the necklace from the box. It was a black chain with a white pearly bead at the bottom. It was engraved with 'A+A' on one side and the other said 'yours forever'. I smiled widely.

I slid the necklace over my head and held the bead in my hand. I brought it up to my lips and kissed it. "Thank you..." I murmur into his ear as I hugged him tightly.

"Anything for you..." he murmured back. It sent a shiver down my spine.

However, this was short lasted. The ground shook the rocks of the house we lived in started falling down. Anakin threw himself over me as they fell onto him. Soon the whole house was in pieces.

I groaned as Anakin pushed the rocks away from us in a powerful force blast. He stood to his feet and pulled me up. We turned to see a figure wearing a mask.

Anakin took no second thought to send his lightsaber through the figures chest. "A final gasp of air escaped the figures mouth before the mask fell of its head and the red eyes faded to an endless black.

I kept my arms tight around Anakin waist and he held one hand on my side protectively. I force pulled the mask towards us and caught it. I recognised it. But I couldn't quite make it out. What ever the mask was, it wasn't made by any jedi.